Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

The following is the Burial Record for ELIAS aka Edward NEUBURGER - see United Synagogue Burial Records West Ham Cemetery ELIAS NEUBURGER Date of Burial 23.11.1890 Section E Row 2 Plot 38.

Further research is needed to confirm he is the brother of Meier and Alfred as previously posted on.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Default MOSES ALEXANDER ALEXANDER 1833-1919

This post re-visits #46 of this thread and the case of Jones v Alexander involving the Nyberg brothers. The Australian Newspaper Archives confirm that Moses Alexander and Moses Alexander Alexander are one in the same person.
    Importantly, Moses was the father of Fanny Tryphinia Alexander 1860-1939 who married Edwin Moses Crawcour-Edwin was the son of Isaac Crawcour-Esther Cashmore and brother of Alice Nyberg nee Crawcour.
    This Alexander line descend from Alexander Alexander 1806-1887 who married Fanny Tryphinia Johnson 1811-1898. Alexander Alexander father- Levy Alexander 1754-1853. The Alexander Alexander line can be seen in British Census records in Exeter Devon.

There is also the Reuben Alexander-Anne Crawcour line - Reuben b Chatham 1804-1866 son of Joshua Alexander 1761-1855 b Ellanger Germany. Currently, I do not know if these 2 Alexander lines relate but it would not surprise me.

In an earlier post, I gave data from the will of Samuel Crawcour brother of Alice Nyberg nee Crawcour in which he put a restriction in his will against his children/grandchildren marrying non Jews. Similarly, Edwin Moses Crawcour in his will 1923 made the same stipulation.

Moses Alexander Alexander is buried Melbourne General Cemetery Carlton age 86 see JewishGen Online Worldwide Burial Registry.

Given the issue described in the Jones/Alexander trial between Moses Alexander Alexander and Meier Nyberg it is interesting to note the later marriage between the Crawcour and Alexander line in Australia.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567