Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Default Blackburn St Alban RC

I have two things I'd like to see in the registers of Blackburn St Alban's RC, but the archived registers stop too early. Where are the subsequent registers does anyone know? Are they still at the church and can I contact them for answers?

1. My ancestor Ann Wearden died 9th April 1839 and I suspect she might have been buried at St Alban's. Their burial records at Lancs Archives only go to 1837. No sign of St Alban's burials later than that indexed or transcribed anywhere else that I can see.

2. I have the marriage cert for Isabella Taylor in St Alban's Blackburn on 3rd May 1858. On the certificate the boxes for her father's name and occupation are dittoed from her husband's father's details, and then a curly line. I'd like to see if the church register has the right info. (I do know what it should say.) The marriage register at Lancashire Archives only goes to 1856.

Has anyone tried to contact Blackburn St Alban's RC to see if they still have their registers from that time?

Super Moderator

Have you found Isabella on the census? What was the name of her spouse? Was it John Eastham or Daniel Laytham?

Super Moderator

Default Isabella

Looks like I have found Isabella on the 1861 census, married to John Eastham (Bobbin Turner)living at 90 Hornby St, Bury. Have I got the right family?

Looks like Isabella may have been a servant in 1851

Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Thanks, Sue. Yes, she married John Eastham as her second husband. I know all about Isabella and her family, it's the whereabouts of Blackburn St Alban RC registers I'm asking about.