Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Christopher weeks of Cornwall

Dear everyone,
    I am hoping everyone is okay with the current health crisis.

I am trying to find the date of death for:

Christopher weeks born 1798 Laneast Cornwall, married Elizsbeth Tucker 15 Dec 1818 Laneast
    parents: Christopher Weeks born 1758- died 1835 Laneast and Mary Pethick born 1758 died 1815 Laneast.

I also cannot find Elizabeth Weeks nee Tucker, date of birth and her date/place of death.

Christopher and Elizabeth had a son Christopher born 1820 Laneast, died 1904 Benalla Victoria Aust. but his death cert states parents unknown.

Now I also found ? John Weekes m. Rebecca Haines 1748 Plymouth Devon.
    according to Christopher bapt 1758 states mother Rebecca. I cannot find any other marriage from 1740-1758.
    hope you can help.
    Doreenh

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

re Christopher born 1798 have you found him/wife/son in any census? i.e. if you know he's in the 1851 census then it cuts down the number of search years for a burial. (Have you also searched for a burial for Elizabeth, his wife?)

Have you checked out the Cornwall OPC site? https://www.cornwall-opc-database.org/home/
    Did you search purely for Weeks, or did you allow variant spellings such as Weekes? Did you search using only Christopher no surname?

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

This is not very convincing, but might be something.
    Source Cornwall OPC
    Burial Laneast 30 April 1857. Elizabeth Weeks. Age 74 (b c 1783)
    Baptism. Laneast. 17 February 1783. Elizabeth Tucker.

In 1841 Elizabeth Weeks, 58, in household with Richard, 21, and Peter, 12. Laneast. (Grandmother?)
    Elizabeth and Christopher had son, Peter, 1824. No record of baptism of Richard, I cannot find their children Christopher and Elizabeth in 1841.
    Have found daughter Elizabeth buried 28 August 1832.
    Is Richard Christopher?

Parents of Elizabeth Tucker - Peter and Mary

Have just found the same trio in 1851.
    Elizabeth described as being maintained by her SON. Richard and Peter described as sons.

Christopher and Elizabeth had 3 children baptised 1820, 1822 and 1824.
    The 3rd child, Peter, born 1824, died 1825. A second Peter was baptised 1829 - this time nonconformist.
    These can be found on Cornwall OPC. The image of the nonconformist birth is on FMP.

I think this is the Peter in the '41 Census - and there seems to be some confusion (age 2) on the '51 Census
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Memorial inscription Laneast Cemetery. Source Cornwall OPC

"Sacred to the memory of Christopher Weeeks of Tar Park of this parish who departed this life on 14th March 1835 aged 73 years. Also Elizabeth his wife who died May 3rd 1857 aged 73 years. And also of Peter Weeks their son who died November 10th 1858 aged 29 years".

I had to breakoff cross checking my findings. The Christopher born 1798 had parents Christopher and Mary. Unable to find him in '41 and '51 - with wife Elizabeth, Christopher (bap 1820) and Elizabeth (bap 1822).

There's on OPC burial for an Elizabeth Weeks age 10 at Laneast, 28 Aug 1832.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by brentor boy View Post
    Memorial inscription Laneast Cemetery. Source Cornwall OPCread th
    is
    "Sacred to the memory of Christopher Weeeks of Tar Park of this parish who departed this life on 14th March 1835 aged 73 years. Also Elizabeth his wife who died May 3rd 1857 aged 73 years. And also of Peter Weeks their son who died November 10th 1858 aged 29 years".
    Apart from failing to find a vital piece of information which I've found, everyone has failed to read, learn, and inwardly digest this vital piece of information, so brilliantly found by brentor boy.

This is the Christopher, who was married to Mary.
    Mary died in 1815.
    Christopher, then married Elizabeth in 1818.

The transcription for their marriage doesn't say whether the people were bachelor, spinster, widower, or widow.

The information I found was the burial of a Christopher Weeks on 8 December 1798. No age given, but that must be the baby who was baptised 23 September 1798. Both events in Laneast.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Dear everyone
    I found the burial for a Christopher Week on 8 Dec 1798. I took that to be the Christopher born 1758 who married mary Pethick, who was the parents of Christopher born 1798. The Christopher who was born 1798 married Elizabeth Tucker im 1818.
    HOWEVER, looking at Brenter boy's details, I am now getting confused.

This is what I have, which I am trying to confirm.

John Weekes m. Rebecca ?
    son Christopher born 1758/62 Lezant Cornwall m. Mary Pethik 4 Sep 1781 Laneast Cornwal
    son Christopher born 1798 Laneast Cornwall m. Elizabeth Tucker 15Dec 1818 Laneast Cornwall
    son Christopher born 1820 Laneast Cornwall m. Mary Bettis Oct 1843 Camelford, Cornwall
    son John born 1844 at seas on way to Australia
    daughter Mary Elizabeth b1854 Collingwood Victoria Australia

I am hoping this sets out clearer what I have and hoping to sort out the right death dates for the right Christopher.
    thanking you in advance.
    Doreenh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast