Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by DoreenH View Post
    Dear everyone
    I found the burial for a Christopher Week on 8 Dec 1798. I took that to be the Christopher born 1758 who married mary Pethick, who was the parents of Christopher born 1798. The Christopher who was born 1798 married Elizabeth Tucker im 1818.
    No, he did not.
    Did you read my post #9. The one immediately before yours?

HOWEVER, looking at Brenter boy's details, I am now getting confused.[
    i again refer to my post #9.
    Christopher born 1758 married firstly Mary Pethick. She died 1815.
    Christopher born 1758 then married Elizabeth Tucker in 1818.
    He died in 1835, Elizabeth died in 1857, and their son Peter died in 1858.
    All commemorated on the one headstone.

Meanwhile, the Christopher born 1798 seems to have died in 1798 though there is no age in the burial register.

This is what I have, which I am trying to confirm.

John Weekes m. Rebecca ?
    son Christopher born 1758/62 Lezant Cornwall m. Mary Pethik 4 Sep 1781 Laneast Cornwal
    son Christopher born 1798 Laneast Cornwall m. Elizabeth Tucker 15Dec 1818 Laneast Cornwall
    son Christopher born 1820 Laneast Cornwall m. Mary Bettis Oct 1843 Camelford, Cornwall
    son John born 1844 at seas on way to Australia
    daughter Mary Elizabeth b1854 Collingwood Victoria Australia

I am hoping this sets out clearer what I have and hoping to sort out the right death dates for the right Christopher.
    thanking you in advance.
    Doreenh
    For the last time, this Christopher did NOT marry Elizabeth Tucker. The Christopher born 1798 died 1798, buried in Laneast.
    Christopher born 1758 married twice, secondly to Elizabeth Tucker, and they are the parents of the Christopher born 1820.

ADDED:
    Don't know where you've got John Weekes marrying a Rebecca somebody and them being the parents of Christopher born 1758. The Cornwall OPC transcription clearly says
    Christopher, a base child, son of Rebecca Weekes, baptised 3 January 1758 in Lezant.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Knowledgeable and helpful

Christopher Weeks. Baptised 3 Jan 1758. Lezant. Son of Rebecca. A BASE CHILD. So mother not married and therefore not wife of John.

Two records that may be of relevance.
    Burials at Lezant.17 Jan 1750. Mrs Elizabeth Weekes. 8 Jul 1750 John Weekes Esq. (The inclusion of the titles "Mrs" and " Esq" suggest persons of some status locally)

PS Have just read Pam's latest post. I see she directs you to the 1758 baptism.

Kresen Kernow (Cornwall record office) has a document " Administrator's accounts on death of John Weekes 1750" Third husband of Elizabeth Kendall.Reference LR/121

If you Google "John Weekes" Lezant there are several references to him. Also associating him with Northwyke, Devon. BUT on one site referring to Devonshire wills it states he had no children.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Dear all, especially Pam
    I am so sorry If I upset anyone. my sincere apologies.

I will correct the Christopher 1798 details, and the 2nd marriage of Christopher to élizabeth.
    regards
    Doreen

Some events that may be of relevance.(source Cornwall OPC)
    Marriage.Richard Jonas/ Rebeccah Weekes. 2 Feb 1767. Lezant. Witnesses include Richard Weekes.
    Burial. Rebecca Jonas 6 Sep 1793. Lezant. Age 68. Widow. Parent John Weeks. Cause of death , old age.
    Baptism. Rebecka Weekes. 25 March 1729. South Petherwin. Parents John and Ann. Also Richard Weekes. 13 April 1726. Same place and parents.

Baptism. Ann Jonas 9 June 1767. Lezant. D/o Richard and Rebecca. (Named after maternal grandmother?)
    Burial. 26 Nov 1778. Rich Jonass. Lezant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12