Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Couple of baptisms in the area
    FMP (transcript/image)
    1806 - William, son of Thomas and Elizabeth Amies**, born Nov 3oth, bap Dec 3rd, place Shifnal
    1804 - William, son of Richard Amies** was baptised April 15th, place High Ercall

** - transcript reads "Amies" but could be "Amiss"?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Couple of baptisms in the area
    FMP (transcript/image)
    1806 - William, son of Thomas and Elizabeth Amies**, born Nov 3oth, bap Dec 3rd, place Shifnal
    1804 - William, son of Richard Amies** was baptised April 15th, place High Ercall

** - transcript reads "Amies" but could be "Amiss"?
    Replies to all
    Yes this is Sarah

AMIS, SARAH ANN MMN- KENT
    GRO Ref: 1848 S Quarter in STOKE UPON TRENT
    Volume 17 Page 191

I should have looked at the free BMD records for his marriage, I usually do, but it didn't happen.
    I have now looked at all marriage records on free BMD for William Amos's, country wide from 1824-1842.

Coincidentally there is a record for a William Amiss marrying an Elizabeth Johnson in 1834 at West Bromwich, All Saints.
    He is listed as a widower, but of course it doesn't really mean anything. There are several other marriages to Elizabeths but only the one in the Staffs or Shropshire greater area. The others are scattered around the country from Norfolk to Kent, to Lancashire, so that gets me nowhere.
    The Shifnal baptism is the one that seems to make most sense

Starting to feel at home

Could Julia Kent have been a previous mother in law? She was born in Scotland so perhaps a marriage between William and Miss Kent took place in Scotland?
    I will look at Scots marriages. It still doesn't explain who the mother is of Julia and Sarah. If they are children of a first wife, she would have to have died after Sarah was born in 1848.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12