Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arthe Rainsbury

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Default Arthe Rainsbury

Dear Everyone
    I am trying to find a death for:
    female - Arthe Rainsbury. bapt. 21 Dec 1870 St. Timothy Liverpool, Lancashire.

parents: Robert Rainsbury and Catherine Rainsbury nee Edwards.

In the 1871 census. Arthe is not listed.

the two children on either side of ARthe : Ada born 1867 and John b1870

So either Arthe was a twin for John, or there was a mistake in notation.
    John also has same bapt date.

thanking you
    Doreenh

Super Moderator

Default Rainsbury

Do you think Arth is the correct name?

Where did you get this name from?

Looking at FreeBMD I see John in 1870 and Ada Catherine in 1867.. It looks like Ada Catherine was a twin born with Esther Maria.

In between there is Edith 1868.

Is Ada Catherine yours?

Super Moderator

Looking at the entry of the baptism, I am not sure the name is Arthe. Could it be Cathe(rine)?

Super Moderator

Default Rainsberry.Rainsbury

Ada Catherine died in 1867. Esther Maria also died possible at the same time, both age 3 months. Both buried in Liverpool Cemetery in unconsecrated ground. Their mother performed the ceremony. Grave number 1077.

Address given is 163 Haigh St. Everton

Super Moderator

At the marriage registration, Catherine is listed as Kate. The address given on the 1871 for this family is the same as that on the burial records for Ada and Esther. So I think that Ada (born 1868) was the second daughter to have this name. Also the surname is spelt as Reinsbury, so another way of spelling to look at!

Super Moderator

Default Rainsbury

On the 1891, they are registered as Rainsburg with Florence age 13, Robert age 12. Edmund age 10, Ellen age 8 and Esther age 6.

They also appear on the 1881 with Ann, Ada, John, Margaret, Florence, Robert and Edmond

in 1870 Robert lived at 163 Haigh Street

Have you got any of this info?

Default ARthe Rainsbury

Dear everyone
    yes thankyou.

I got Arthe Rainsbury daughter of Robert and Kate from the Liverpool Baptisms 1813-1906
    ref. 283 Tim/2/1. christened 21 Dec 1870 St. Timothy, Liverpool. Same info as John,

I have Anne born 26 Dec 1865, died Jan 1917. m. Thomas Henry Winterbottom
    Ada born 1867, died Jul 1929 m. John William Pomfret
    John born 8 Jun 1870 died 12 Jan 1922, m. Elizabeth Toms
    Arthe born 1870, d?
    Margaret born 22 Aug 1872 died Oct 1952, m. William Hamnet
    Florence Catherine b. Apr 1877 died 19 Jul 1962, m. Berchier Sparrow
    Robertr born 24 Jan 1879 died Apr 1959, m. Ellen Grumbley and m. Clara Flint
    Edmund born 1880 died. 9 Jul 1916 Flanders, m. Lily Baxter
    Ellen born Jul 1882 died Apr 1965, m. John James Harrison
    Esther Maud born Jul 1884, died Mar 1941 m. John Haynes
    regards
    Doreenh

Famous for offering help & advice

There is an Edith Rainsbury b 1868 mmn Edwards. Could Arthe be Edith? I can't see any death of Edith before 1871 when an Ada appears. Perhaps Ada is Edith but renamed after the Ada who died?

Brick wall demolition expert!

I have seen the original parish register for "Arthe", and I have searched the birth indices (see below), and have come to the conclusion that if you look at the handwriting, its as though its either incomplete or an error. Ada born in 1867 was actually registered as Ada Catherine, so it is possible that it is her baptism, the priest just made a mistake when writing up the register - got distracted etc??

I have gone through the birth index and found 3 additional children to your list, two of whom definitely died within the first year. The complete list I have got is below. What this shows is that all the births were registered, and so because there is nothing looking like a registration for "Arthe", I am pretty convinced that she never existed under that name.

1. Ann Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1866 M Quarter in WEST DERBY AND TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 374

2. Ada CATHERINE Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1867 J Quarter in WEST DERBY AND TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 370 PLUS:
    ADDITIONAL CHILD Esther Maria Rainsbury: GRO Reference: 1867 J Quarter in WEST DERBY AND TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 370. Based on the fact that she has the same references as Ada, they must have been twins. Her death was registered in the next quarter : Volume 8b Page 287

3. ADDITIONAL CHILD Edith Rainsbury : 1868 April vol 8b page 395. Cannot see a death registration for her, but nor does there seem to be any other records e.g. census

4. John Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1870 J Quarter in WEST DERBY AND TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 451

5. Arthe - no GRO birth registration – John is the only “Rainsbury” birth registration in the quarter listed above.

6. Margaret Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1872 S Quarter in WEST DERBY & TOXTETH PARK Volume 08B Page 436

7. ADDITIONAL CHILD William Robert Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1875 M Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 58. He died in 1876 in Salford aged 1.

8. Florence Catherine mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1877 J Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 68

9. Robert Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1879 M Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 78

10. Edmund Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1880 D Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 99

11. Ellen Rainsbury mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1882 S Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 85

12. Esther Maud mother’s maiden name EDWARDS : GRO Reference: 1884 S Quarter in SALFORD Volume 08D Page 47

Dear Megan
    thankyou for all your help. Yes there were some I didnt know about. Have deleted Arthe and put the others in.
    have a great weekend, and stay well.
    Doreenh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast