Starting to feel at home

Default Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire electoral rolls

Hello,can anyone tell me how to find online electoral rolls for Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire after the 1939 register please? The latest electoral roll I can find is 1930 on the two sites I subscribe to. I'm trying to trace the movements of an old family friend who died in 1972. I'm in New Zealand so can't make use of hard copies.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Lesley

Hi Lesley,

I cannot help with electoral registers but if your friend had a telephone Ancestry have online telephone directories which will provide an address.
    Alma

Starting to feel at home

Thanks Almach, he was always a boarder so he wouldn't have been listed in the telephone directory. I will look at the directories though, in case one can look up an address. I know two streets where he lived but not sure when he changed from one to the other. If anyone knows where hard copy of the registers might be held I could try engaging a researcher to do look-ups.
    Kind regards

Hi Lesley
    This is The National Archives guide to Electoral registers which may give you some ides to pursue.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Reputation beyond repute

If anyone knows where hard copy of the registers might be held I could try engaging a researcher to do look-ups.
    Hertfordshire Archives

https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/ser...oll-books.aspx

But don't forget that the printed registers are not name-indexed. To find an entry, you need to know the address but I think this is what you want to find out!

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for your replies and guidance. I think I will have to put this one aside for the moment.