Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Arthur Charles Linay Simkin 1910-1994

*Arthur Charles Linay Simkin was born 1 June 1910 in Rochford, Sussex, England and died 5 March 1994 in Lismore, NSW, Australia. He married first Miriam Pashilinsky on 26 March 1941 in Exmoor, Somerset, England which ended in divorce. Next he married Patricia Mary Smith (1916-1995) in Hove, Sussex, England on 13 April 1946. They emigrated to Australia 13 July 1948. He was the brother of Hilda Mae Simkin (1905-1999), Phyllis Lyda Mabel Simkin (1907-2009), Doris Ethel Simkin (1908-2000), Thelma Irene Simkin (1915-2002) and David Charles Simkin (1923-2019). He was the son of Arthur Charles Linay Simkin (1876-1972) and Mabel Alice Cowan (1882-1961). I have a Sikin family tree posted at ancestry.com for anyone interested in seeing more details. I am seeking a picture of Arthur and/or Patricia. Thank you

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Arthur Charles Linay Simkin 1910-1994

Here are some documents related to the subject person.

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/jeffr/Desktop/SIMKIN/Arthur%20C.%20L.%20Simkin%20Gravemaker.jpg[/IMG]

file:///C:/Users/jeffr/Desktop/SIMKIN/Arthur%20Charles%20Simkin%20and%20Patricia%20Mary% 20Simkin%20Passenger%20List%20July%201948.jpg

file:///C:/Users/jeffr/Desktop/SIMKIN/Arthur%20Simkin%20Burial%20Record%2006092020.jpg

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Jeffrey,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

We do not allow more than one thread per person (being researched) because it usually leads to duplicated research and confusion so I have about moved your posts about Arthur into one thread.
    I have also moved the thread to the 'General Family History' forum as it's slightly more than an 'this is me' introductory post.

Not quite sure what happened to the links in your second post but they're not working. I presume you're trying to post images, and if so, courtesy of another mod, Christina, this is how you're supposed to do it. (Don't ask me, I don't do techie stuff!! ) Copied from another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    First of all let's help you by giving the instructions for uploading photos and parts of documents to the site. Not as quick and easy as it used to be but if I can do it anyone can.
    First step is to make sure that you are in Go Advanced mode on the Brit-Gen thread where you want to place the photo. Click on the picture frame in the row of images above the reply box. (6 from the RH side. The box that appears requires a URL address.
    You have to upload your photo to a free site which will provide a URL address. I use Postimage which is very simple.
    On the home page of Postimage click on 'Choose images' then find and click on the file you want to upload where you have the photo stored on your computer eg Pictures. Then click on the particular folder that holds your picture and Open it. Choose your photo, click on it and click on Open. You are now taken back to the Postimage page where you are given a choice of 9 links. Click on the URL 'Hotlink for forum' Now right click on the URL address and then click on Copy. Go back to the reply box on the Brit-Gen thread and in the URL box right click on your mouse and from the menu click on paste. The URL for your photo is now ready to be posted on the forum along with any information you have typed in to accompany it.
    There are other free sites from which to upload images but I found the one above the easiest to use.
    Yell out if you neego d more help.
    Christina
    I know research can be quite difficult when you live out of the area, but years ago the local papers used to print details of weddings, usually with a photo of the happy couple, so I would suggest (short of locating any living decendants/relatives) you start there. Many pages are available at the British Newspaper Archive (and all but the latest updates are available on Findmypast) though it is pot luck if your paper and your year has yet been uploaded in the ongoing project.

The Keep is, I believe, the main archive for East Sussex.
    https://www.thekeep.info/
    If you click on 'Family history' and scroll far enough down the page you'll see a link to newspapers. Hove newspapers seem a bit sparse for the dates you want, but The Keep should be able to tell you where the ones you want are held. Hove is immediately next to Brighton and some of the Brighton papers actually have 'Hove' in their titles. As well as a wedding photo, it would be worth checking out the papers round the time they emigrated. Emigration was big news back in the 40s and 50s.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Just checked the newspapers on FMP, and there's a brief report, though no photograph, of Arthur's wedding to Miriam, in the Western Morning News of 29 March 1941.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you very much. Using a new method of posting is challenging.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you I have that one and lots more so I will study the method for uploading images