Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Munden

Many thx everyone for your help, unfortunately Kew aren’t doing copy’s at the moment, so can’t get the info from there for the time being. Michala

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Michala lidds View Post
    Many thx everyone for your help, unfortunately Kew aren’t doing copy’s at the moment, so can’t get the info from there for the time being. Michala
    Apologies for giving you duff gen, Michala. Never thought to check TNA website for any Covid restrictions.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Haven't been able to spot anything about Gwilym T. as yet but came across this intriguing item -

https://newspapers.library.wales/vie...830/3632832/2/
    See col 3 - item beginning "An Account of ..." and Class 3. Possibly Gwilym's father?
    The "Class 5" preamble raised a smile.

To search site click on "Home" at top of screen. I checked for "Edward Munden", "Edward Thomas Munden" and "G T Munden" (I think G T Munden is the Gwilym Thomas Munden possibly born to Gwilym's brother Edward in 1856?)
    When searching keep the " " as part of search key. There are results in Welsh but they do not relate to the Penllyn Mundens.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thankyou for info very interesting, trying to trace this side of the family has been extremely hard as keep hitting brick walls.

I'm originally from nearby Bridgend and used to go to the Barley Mow pub in the Penllyn area (more years ago than I care to remember).
    Did you find Edward Thomas Munden on the '51 Census? I can't see a Munden that fits but there's an Edward Fruman (as transcribed) but which appears to be Munun on the original - census ref HO107 2461 333 13? I I suspect this is Edward and Mary Munden.

No found him in the 1841 census in village street and his occupation was a schoolmaster.

Also found his death in Bridgend 1855

Don’t think Edward fruman is my Edward munden as there place of birth is different and from everything I’ve found surname is munden, many thx for the info though it is much appreciated. Michala

Given the PoB in 1851 I was drawn to the Edward Thomas Munden, bap St Thomas, Neath, 28 Jan 1772 - although does not fit the 1776 Yob of the 1851 entry (the 1841 entry wd have been rounded down but still leaves the YoB short of a 1772 baptism).

But that Edward Thomas "son of John Munden" was buried 30 July 1774. I was aware of the 1855 burial - hence the need to find him in '51. If I was a betting man I might be tempted to put a bob or two on the 1851 entry.

What have you found to rule out the 1851 Census?

Birthplace on the 1851 states Baglan and on the 41 census it’s penlline

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast