I dived into ancestry research headfirst in about April, and have really enjoyed it.

My mum and aunt never knew about their father's side of the family as he wouldn't talk of them. So part of that mission has been to build a story.

Today I feel a bit of a sense of closure in one story.

My great grandfather I traced him from birth, spent ages down the wrong avenue as I was a newbie and trusted Ancestry.com's suggested info (lesson learnt!). I've chased him around from address to address - boy did he move a lot. (A bit like me, I wonder if I get that from him.)

And then after 1939 I had no detail. And I finally found what I thought was his death record, and bought the cert on a punt... and today it came through it was him.

Seeing his name staring back at me. And knowing where he ended up, it feels like closure.

I feel a little sad. I've followed him around and now it feels like the end.

I know its not really the end, so much other research to do... and no info from 1939 to 1966 on him (and possibly never will).

But I just wanted to share! It feels like a big chapter in an interesting journey. He's probably be the stand out one for me as I've been able with perseverance to piece it together bit by bit.