Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes living in crewkerne,living in market sq age 22 boarder grocers assistant.

Yes market sq, crewkerne, boarder,22 ,grocers assistant.

Don't think the death in bexleyheath is him as there is a Alfred Henry Hopkins born there in January 1889 .Mine is October 1888.

Thank you everybody for your input, I am very grateful.

Famous for offering help & advice

Have you ruled out this death?

HOPKINS, ALFRED HENRY aged 52 GRO Reference: 1941 M Quarter in NEWPORT Volume 11A Page 471

A Q1 registration would make his YoB 1888

May have to send for this record to try and rule him out as no other way of doing so. Have a suspicion he is the Alfred from 1939 census Monmouthshire with a birth date of May 1888, whereas my Alfred is October 1888.

Do you have an exact DoB for him?

There may be two Alfred Hopkins in Monmouthshire in 1939. Oddly, the name of one of them is redacted but not his other details. His DoB is 29 Sep 1888 and his occupation is Manager (Grocery & Provisions). Going by the Q1 1919 birth registration of his presumed daughter, Dora M (8 Dec 1918), I think he is the Alfred H Hopkins who married Dora Hill in Cardiff in 1914.

I think the 1939 find is a really good potential match given the profession in 1911 was grocers assistant.

Birth date of 29 Sep was more than likely registered in October.

Do you have his full birth cert or are you referring to registration when stating October 1888?

There’s a baptism on 7 November,Madeley,Hereford.
    Father George,Mother MaryAnn Hopkins.

It definitely is a good one to go on, especially with the grocer connection.
    Yes , only have registration of birth in Quarter October, November, December.And yes he was baptized in Nov, therefore if you think he may have been registered in October even though his birthdate could have been end September, then that is a good possibility. I will try and look further into this , thank you all so much.

Jomot1, may I ask you where you found 1939 census stating Occupation as manager (grocer) please. Many thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast