Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

and all Jomot research many thanks!!

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by glynzz2 View Post
    Thank you so much, Peter , Pam and others for being so helpful, and yes losing 4 yearss to get married again seems likely.
    Is there an online link to 'flip thru' the parish register at St Martins?
    Yes, but you need to have access to Findmypast.
    If you don't have a sub, then you can either take out a free 14-day trial, making sure that you untick the 'automatic renewal' box otherwise your bank account will get a big shock, or your local library may offer access either at the library itself or else via your home computer. Contact the library to find out.

Once you have access find the link to the A-Z records sets, and then start typing in Shropshire. There's link to baptisms, marriages, and burials as well as other stuff I didn't check out.
    You can either enter Jemima's name and then go forwards and backwards though the other pages of the register; or else you can 'browse the parish registers' enter St Martin's, and then select the appropriate one for baptisms 1858. Once you have the register, at the bottom of the page you will see 1 of 54 pages. The 1 can be amended to any other number between it and 54, and by pressing 'go' you then get taken to the page you want. (Jemima is on page 31 if you want to cheat. ) However, I would suggest that you go through all the pages to find any siblings, and sadly, you also need to check the burial registers as many children died when they were young.

When going through parish registers I make a note of all references to 'my' surnames as it may save me having to go through the registers again at a later date to find other family members. I thoroughly record all the details - page number, entry number, date, place, details in all the columns, possibly even the image number on FMP. It means that (a) other people can easily verify your findings and (b) if you ever need to refer to it again, it's easily found.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

thank you PAM for your kind detailed reply,

I did'nt realize about the A_Z records link oh um

and JOMot for kind and helpful info

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12