Default Hello! Shaw family - Hyde, Cheshire research

Hello everyone.
    I've taken to genealogy during lockdown and am, quite frankly, obsessed!
    I've managed to trace back my Shaw ancestors to the mid-18th century (c1740). None of whom left Hyde/Newton (Cheshire). A family of poor farmers until the industrial revolution arrived (big time) in Hyde when they all became cotton worker or hatters.....still poor though!

Talk about hardship......I've found out that my great grandparents had 11 children: 8 of whom died in infancy; one died aged 19 (don't know how yet); one in WWII (he had no children); the other is my grand-father who died in 1984.

It seems many of my ancestors are in unmarked graves or share a family grave but not memorialised on a headstone - I hope to put that right.

Apart from the Shaw family, I intend to research the rest of my parent's family:
    Gee - Hyde/Woodley, Cheshire
    Heyes - Birkenhead and IoM
    Franey - Co. Wexford

Thanks

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    It doesn't take very long to become a genealogy obsessive and we haven't found a cure for it yet.
    You have come to the right place to share your obsession. Discovering and unravelling our ancestors lives is rewarding but can be upsetting knowing what some of them had to endure and wondering how they did it.
    If you need more help just find a suitable forum, tell us what you know and what you need to know and it won't be too long before help arrives i'm sure. Also if you can help others members please do join in.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs