Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Starting to feel at home

Default USA Marriage and Birth.

Hi.
    My Great uncle Daniel Sullivan Birth 26/6/1871 in loughane, Castlecove, Co Kerry Ireland his Parents were Daniel Sullivan and Hanora Fitzgerald.
    I am not sure when he went to the United States. on the 25/12/1899 he was shot dead at Dublin, Gulch, Silver Bow Montana U S A ,He was buried in Butte, Silver Bow, Montana on the 29/12/1899.
    Someone sent me a news paper cutting some years ago, I don't know what news paper it was but it said he had a Wife and Daughter no names.
    I assume he Married in Butte, Silver Bow, Montana because he have 4 Brothers and 2 Sisters living in Butte Montana.(all his siblings lived out their)
    What I would like to know is where did he get Married who was his wife and what was the name of his Daughter. I tried looking up Montana Marriages and births had no cant find anything, hope someone can help,thanks
    M3

Brick wall demolition expert!

Below is a link to Cyndi's list for Montana BMDs:

https://www.cyndislist.com/us/mt/bmd/

Hope its of help to you.

Knowledgeable and helpful

This is an extract from an article in the Butte Daily Post, 26th December 1899:

“The dead man (Daniel Sullivan) was about 26 years of age and unmarried. He had resided in Butte a number of years, and has several brothers, all miners, and a sister, residing in the city. The sister is an employee of the McDermott Hotel. He was employed at the Never Sweat as a miner, and was said to be an industrious young man”

Given that this report appeared the day after the murder, the information might not be that accurate!

The accused man had a wife, so perhaps there was some confusion.

There are many newspaper articles about the murder and subsequent trial (at which one of Daniel Sullivan's brothers attempted to shoot the accused man!).

You would need a subscription to Newspapers.com to read them all.

Peter

There was no mention of a wife/children at the inquest reported in the Daily Inter Mountain: Butte Montana, Thur Dec 28, 1899. Daniel appeared to be living in some sort of rooming house.
    So far, after checking several newspaper reports, the only mention of family was a twin brother (not named) whose delay in arriving caused the funeral to be deferred.

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/n...?state=Montana
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

You can find the funeral notice in the Anaconda Standard, Dec 30 1899 - search for Dan D Sullivan
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for your help

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for your help

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for that information

Starting to feel at home

Thank you for the information

Starting to feel at home

Thanks for your help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast