Brick wall demolition expert!

Default A little bit of help please

I have been transcribing an appeal from 1827 and have stuck on a few bits. Set out below is my draft and then a link to the original document.

The undersigned are the Prosecutor and his wife. They join in the prayer for a mitigation of punishment – but not on the grounds of the lightness of the offence as it was no other than entering a dwelling house in the dead of night and stealing there from – nor on account of any ****************** in the proceedings against the culprit ** nothing of the kind took place but on account of the distress felt by the prisoners numerous relatives who are said to be well conducted persons.
    The prisoner was not in the service of the prosecutor at the time of the robbery.
    Hugh Hughes and Sarah Hughes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DH_...ew?usp=sharing

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

How about:

The undersigned are the Prosecutor and his wife. They join in the prayer for a mitigation of punishment – but not on the grounds of the lightness of the offence as it was no other than entering a dwelling house in the dead of night and stealing there from – nor on account of any hurry or unfairnessin the proceedings against the culprit ** nothing of the kind took place but on account of the distress felt by the prisoners numerous relatives who are said to be well conducted persons.
    The prisoner was not in the service of the prosecutor at the time of the robbery.
    Hugh Hughes and Sarah Hughes

Not sure if it makes sense - you're more familar with criminal documents than I am.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I can't work out the word after any, I think the next words are "or unfairness"
    Alma

Pam beat me to it with a more comprehensive answer.
    Alma

Famous for offering help & advice

as Pam said, followed by

tho nothing of the kind took place

("therefrom" is one word, and there's an apostrophe in "prisoner's")
    Jane

Brick wall demolition expert!

Thank you everyone.

Talk about a half baked letter of support - breaking and entering carried a mandatory death sentence which in her case was then commuted to transportation for life and it's against that which they were supposedly appealing.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by fullscott View Post
    as Pam said, followed by

tho nothing of the kind took place
    I thought it looked more like

as nothing of the kind took place