Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Service records for Parents

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone......living in Ontario Canada now, after having emigrated from the UK in 1973. Trying to do some research on my mother and father who served during WWII. Not sure where to get the information and would gladly accept any suggestions. My father was in the RAF (I have his Service No.) and my mother was an ambulance driver in London. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    Firstly I have given your post a thread of its own, with the title Service Records for Parents, in the WW2 1939-1945 forum so it will receive more attention.
    Secondly, if you came to us from Forces War Records reading this will explain the connection.

Now the important bit. WW11 service records are still held by the MoD so aren't to be found online. You can apply for them and this 'sticky' explains some details and gives a link where you can download the application forms. There will be a cost of 30 pounds and you will need a copy of the death certificate. You only need a service number if you don't have a date of birth. At the moment the bad news is that it will take many months for you to receive records.

Are you only interested in your parent's service records or are you doing the 'family tree' research? If so we can certainly help with that.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs