Default registration problems

Despite numerous attempts you won't let me join with new e-mail address. I've tried contacting you on a very old email address but you don't even bother to reply to that.

Simple question why not?

Sue Preston

I don’t understand, Sue. This is an open forum/notice board. The system shows you as a member and you have succeeded in posting this message.
    Were you, by any chance, trying to contact Forces War Records?

PS Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Sue,

I have no knowledge of how the techie-side of British-Genealogy works but you are now joined to the BG forum as evidenced by your post appearing.
    According to the limited information I can see, you were registered on 27 July this year, using an ntl email address beginning with the letters 'la'.

However, does
    Despite numerous attempts you won't let me join with new e-mail address
    mean that you were a member before this date, using a different name?
    Say for instance, that this time last year you were a member, with the user name Zebedee Bloggs, using a gmail address. As Zebedee you then change your email address to the ntl one. You do not then 'join' the forum again with the new email address, nor will the system allow it. Just as any email provider will not let you chose the same email someone else is already using, the forum will not let you use the same username that someone is already registered with. Even if, as would have been the case here, it's the same person though with a different email address. The correct procedure for changing your email address is to click on 'forum actions', found in the blue banner at the top of every page, and from the drop-down menu select 'edit profile', and the very first option is to edit email and password.
    A slightly longer-winded way of finding your way to that page is to search the FAQs by clicking the FAQ link, which again is found in the blue banner at the top of every page. There's quite a few sections, but you want User Maintenance, then the fourth line down, 'how can I change the information in my profile?'.

Having hopefully explained that as clearly as mud, the question remains - were you registered with BG, before the 27 July this year, and if so, what was your username? No need to give me any further details at the moment.

I am going to move your query to the 'Navigating Brit-Gen' forum as that is a more appropriate place for it.

Pam
    who types very slowly as evidenced by the overlap with Lesley's post.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I do have one more question - how were you trying to contact us, without a reply?