Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knowledgeable and helpful

Thank you all for your efforts in sorting this one out. I googled again and up came a full transcription of the register from 1849 to 1858. I read through this and the only mention of Brownstown was the entry of interest. Although this minister did not indicate where the marriage of any of his ceremonies took place, I suspect it was in King township. This is where Mary Caroline's mother lived with her second husband John Graham, and where a widowed Mary appears on the 1861 census. Brownstown in Michigan is a definite possibility. In 1851 the couple and their children were living at Dunnville,Haldimand Co., near the shores of Lake Erie. Also in the household was her younger sister, my great gran Melissa Reid who on every census says she was born in the USA, which was about 1834. Their brother Johnathan Reid lived at Cayuga near Dunnville in 1861 and later moved to Michigan with his family. Although his choice of settlement was further north, it does show movement in that direction took place. Again, my thanks to all. pwholt

Thanks to all for your efforts in sorting this one out. I googled again and top of the list came a full transcription of the marriage register 1842-1858. I read through the whole register but the only entry for Brownstown was the one of interest. The minister Fraser did not record where any of his ceremonies took place but I suspect it was in King Township where lived Mary's mother with her second husband John Graham and where a widowed Mary lived with her children in 1861. Brownstown in Michigan is a distinct possibility In 1852 Mary with her husband and two children lived at Dunnville, Haldimand Co near the shores of Lake Erie. Also in the household was her younger sister Melissa Reid, my great gran who on all censuses says she was born in the USA.Their brother Johnathan Reid lived in 1861 at Cayuga just north of Dunnville and by 1870 he had moved to Michigan. While his choice of residence was further north, it does show that movement in that direction occurred in this family. Again, my thanks to all for your help. pwholt

Thanks to all for your efforts. I googled again and top of the list was a transcription of the marriage register from 1842-1858. I read through it but the only mention of Brownstown was the one of interest. I suspect that the marriage took place in King township where Mary's mother lived with her second husband John Graham, and where a widowed Mary lived in 1861 with two of her children. Rev. Fraser did not say where any of his ceremonies took place. Brownstown Michigan is a distinct possibility as in 1852 the LEE's were living in Dunnville, Haldimand Co near the shores of Lake Erie. Also in the household was Mary's younger sister Melissa Reid, my great gran who on all censuses says she was born in the USA. Their brother Johnathan was living in 1861 at Cayuga, just to the north, and by 1870 he had moved to Michigan with his family. While his choice of settlement was further north, it does show that this direction of movement did occur in this family. Thanks again for your help. pwholt

I don't know what is happening to get the same message three times! I've lost it twice! Sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12