Alaric E

Default Allans in Kirkintillock

Hi All
    My first post in Scotland, i am looking for any information on John Allan and family, in the 1861 census they lived in High Street Kirkintillock his wife Ann McLean, his first wife Jane Morson had died i have not established when, children from this first mariage John Allan born 1835 and James Allan born 1833. From his marriage to Jane McLean there was two girls Jessie and Barbara i have no info on these at all.
    Now going further back <STRONG><EM>John Allan senior was born 25/08/1799 in Camldren from this first mariage John Allan born 1835 and James Allan born 1833. From his marriage to Jane McLean there was two girls Jessie and Barbara i have no info on these at all.
    Now going further back John Allan senior was born 25/08/1799 in Campsie and died 18/06/1878
    his father William Allan and mother Mary Stewart not much info to date.
    Any assistance in tracing the missing details much appriacated.
    Regards
    Alaric E. 04/11/05 13:36pm
    Last edited by Alaric E; 27-11-2005 at 3:55 PM. Reason: Maiden name wrong and more info.

Knowledgeable and helpful DebbieAnn's Avatar

St. Mary's cemetery in Kirkintilloch shows a grave: "John Allan, w Jean Morson 14.5.1847 48" - from Dunbartonshire pre-1855 monument inscriptions pub. by the Scottish Genealogy Society.

As no death date is given for John, it looks as if provision was made for him, but he was buried elsewhere.

Debbie
    Last edited by DebbieAnn; 13-12-2005 at 4:25 PM.

Alaric E

Default Kirkintillock Allans

Hello Debbie
    Thank you for your reply, so Jean Morson died 14/05/1847 that clears one part of the mystrey. Why you could not find John was because he remarried in Feb 1858 and will be buried with his new wife Ann McLean. I am still trying to trace his parents my g.g.g Grandfather William Allan and Mary Allan nee Stewart.
    Any way thank you again.
    Regards
    Allan. 20/12/05 15:49pm