Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone!

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Hello Everyone!

Hello. I have researched my U.S.A. paternal family for many years. I thought that my maternal family line would produce the most interesting ancestors and stories but boy have I been proven wrong,...so far! I have found that I have pretty talented ancestors whose names are Ellis Thompson Jackson Sr and his son, Ellis Thompson Jackson, Jr. I am the 3rd cousin of Ellis, Sr., (King of Cornets). His grand father and my 2x grand father were brothers. I would like very much to connect with my cousins in the U K to get to know their history and to share my own. Glad to have been accepted into this group.

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums.
    It is the unexpected finds that spur us on isn't it?
    I see you are finding your way around the forums just fine and hopefully some of our members will be able to help you sort out some of your ancestors.
    I can't take a look yet because I am reduced to using my phone whilst my laptop is repaired so can't work as easily as on the laptop.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Famous for offering help & advice

1939 register has Ellis T Jackson with wife Jessie and family.. Variety artists.

Do you already have this information? I don’t want to duplicate anything you may already know.

A very warm welcome to Brit-gen.
    Are we talking about Ellis T Jackson, tap dancer & trombonist, born April 29 1891, Morris Town, New Jersey?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

There's a 22 post thread already on this site for Ellis T Jackson

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Ellis T Jackson, Morris, New Jersey

Yes.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I learned of Ellis T Jackson and Jessie Wood's marriage but because I don't have access to original documents from the UK, I can't see that/those documents and verify it as a reliable source. This is a hinderance for me in adding the Jackson family members that live in the UK to my paternal family tree. If documents can be emailed to me, I would greatly appreciate your help. Thanks for reaching out.

Your profile doesn’t allow private messages so am unable to send you any private info.

Birmingham Daily Gazette, 3 Dec 1925
    THEATRE FRACAS - Dudley Wounding and Assault Charge
    "At Dudley yesterday, Ellis T Jackson, music hall artiste, stated to be a native of Oxford, New Jersey, was remanded on acharge of unlawfully wounding Frank Longmore of Lily Street, West Bromwich ...."

Daily Mirror, 3 Dec 1925
    REVUE FIGHT CHARGE
    "Following a free fight at a revue Ellis Jackson, an American, was at Dudley yesterday remanded on a charge of unlawful wounding".

From another report it seems he fired a pistol loaded with blanks. Can't find the result of any court case.

Theres a tree on Ancestry with your people in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast