Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Everyone!

The Stage, 27 Jan 1949
    EMPLOYMENT AGENCY LICENCE
    I, Ellis Thompson Jackson, intend to apply to th London County Council for a licence to carry on an Employment Agency for Theatrical and Variety Artists at No. 89, Sudbourne Road, Brixton S.W.9, such Agency to be known as "Jackson's Tap Dancing School".

Did he come over with his father who was married to an Annie E Jackson, 1888 but divorced about 8 years later?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    There's a 22 post thread already on this site for Ellis T Jackson
    To save anyone duplicating information already found, here's the thread.

https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ght=trombonist

Quote Originally Posted by MediaGirlUSA View Post
    Hello. I have researched my U.S.A. paternal family for many years. I thought that my maternal family line would produce the most interesting ancestors and stories but boy have I been proven wrong,...so far! I have found that I have pretty talented ancestors whose names are Ellis Thompson Jackson Sr and his son, Ellis Thompson Jackson, Jr. I am the 3rd cousin of Ellis, Sr., (King of Cornets). His grand father and my 2x grand father were brothers. I would like very much to connect with my cousins in the U K to get to know their history and to share my own. Glad to have been accepted into this group.
    Seems like there a quite a few cousins in that thread, though as some of the posts are over twelve years old you will need to keep everything tightly crossed that they receive notification of your post in the thread.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes Pam, so I've seen. Hoping for the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12