Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Hi and thanks for getting back to us. Who was the informant on the birth certificate?
    Christina
    Hi Christina

The informant was my grandmother's mother - M Fletcher.

Thank you

Alex

Valued member of Brit-Gen

I can't find a marriage between a Robinson & Fletcher. If Eileen was adopted it's most likely there wasn't a marriage. A possible May Robinson (there are lots) was born 1895 Wirral MMN Green. And an Alice May Robinson born 1895 Wirral MMN Littlemore. I can't find any info on the first one, but there is a baptism for Alice May in Bebington. Also 1901 & 1911 census info for her and a marriage to Robert Shaklady in 1919 in Bebington.

What is the address on the birth certificate?
    Last edited by pat fowles; 19-08-2020 at 7:57 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by pat fowles View Post
    I can't find a marriage between a Robinson & Fletcher. If Eileen was adopted it's most likely there wasn't a marriage. A possible May Robinson (there are lots) was born 1895 Wirral MMN Green. And an Alice May Robinson born 1895 Wirral MMN Littlemore. I can't find any info on the first one, but there is a baptism for Alice May in Bebington. Also 1901 & 1911 census info for her and a marriage to Robert Shaklady in 1919 in Bebington.

What is the address on the birth certificate?
    Thanks Pat!

We couldn't find a marriage either and I think we'd spotted the possible mothers you mention. It's going to be tricky to find a conclusive link.

The address on the certificate is Thorburn Road, Bebington.

Thanks again!

Valued member of Brit-Gen

In the 1900's the Workhouse Union started using 'scattered homes' to house it's children. One of the addresses was The Tors, Thorburn Road, New Ferry (which includes Bebington).Maybe just a coincidence but the info is on the Workhouse website.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123