Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sgtbay

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Dave could you please give us the names of Robert Sloan(e)s wife and children that you have in your tree please? It saves us doing research that you already have.
    Christina
    If you can see Sandyhalls message bellow, it shows My Robert Sloans children, married to Elizabeth Thornton. I am a descendant of the James Thornton Sloan, one of his sons, Garfield David Sloan, my grandfather, and my father Wilbert L. Sloane. Garfield put the (e) on the name when he moved from Ontario, Canada to Alberta and homesteaded a mile west of the little town of Cayley, Alberta, which is approx. 40 miles south of Calgary.
    As far as I know, all of the info in my Robert Sloan tree is confirmed.
    Thanks Dave

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

This is my Robert Sloane, I am a descendant of James Thornton Sloan, one of his sons, Garfield David Sloan was my grandfather, my father being Wilbert L. Sloane. Garfield put the (e) on our name when he moved from Ontario, Canada to homestead in Southern Alberta, Canada.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Yes this is my Robert Sloan, but can't find any info on his siblings or parents.
    Thanks, Dave

Growing old Disgracefully

You need to look for the marriage cert. for Robert Slon and Eliza/Elizabeth as they married in Canada if they are the same as ours it shold have Both fathers name on it.

I have just found a marriage of a William Sloan (Widower) aged 65 born Co Antrim (he would have been born arround 1814 to Margaret McPhee (Widow)His Parents are Robert and Nancy Sloan.

Could this be a clue to his family.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you checked the local newspapers for obituaries of all those who died in the Halton area? While 1844 is rather early for a really useful obit., some of the later ones might be helpful. One for my great grand in 1914 (or it may have been 1904 for her husband)in Thorold named her father which I have eventually proved after 40 years. There was no other clue or document. pwholt

Growing old Disgracefully

Have you found this - Canada, St Lawrence Steamboat Company Passenger Lists for "Caledonia" April 29 - Nov 17 1822 has the following

14 Trip Upwards on passenger list

Peggy Slone
    W Slone
    R Slone
    M Slone
    +
    4 Children

Could this be them, I'm still looking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12