Settling in

Post Missing Ancestor or not ?

I am unable to locate a birth /baptism record for Charles Connerty born approx 1831-33 son of Charles Connerty & Margaret Connerty nee Trainer. Charles appears in the 1841 census H0107 563 folio 11 page 14, surname Connorty age is incorrect. His siblings; Catherine born 1825, Thomas born 1829, John born 1835, Peter born 1840, Peter born 1842. I have traced baptism records for all of the siblings in Catholic Churches Saint Anthony's, Saint Nicholas in Liverpool but I find it strange that Charles is missing. The Connerty surname has been spelt using many variations 2 of which are Connaughty and Connoughty and during my search I discovered a baptism record for Charles Connaught born 10.10.1831 baptised 23.10.1831 Saint Mary’s Catholic Church Liverpool.
    Liverpool record office archive ref 282/HIG/1/7 page 28, parents are Charles and Margaret. Is it possible that a transcription error was made?

Famous for offering help & advice

The baptism of Charles Connaught has a DOB 10 Oct 1831.

There’s a private tree which has Charles Connerty,DOB 10 Oct 1831.

You would have to contact the tree owner to compare notes.

The original image definitely has the surname written as Connaught so not a transcription error but possibly a misunderstanding of the correct surname. people wrote what they heard and the minister may have heard it as Connaught and if Charles and Margaret couldn't read they wouldn't have corrected it. The godfather to baby Charles is Peter Bannon and the godmother Margaret Bannon. Does this name appear in your tree?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Settling in

Hello Pamelawagster please excuse my ignorance but is the private tree on this site or Ancestry/Findmypast?
    Cheers rapidh32

The owner of a private tree on ancestry is a Thomas Connerty and his user name is bazcon75.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs