Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

thank you very much. I have skimmed through this book and got a good idea of his service during that time. Will take time to go through with more detail at a later date.
    Much apprreciate your help

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    Realised after posting that Thomas might have been in India as a "civvie"?
    Have found 2nd son John's application for the East India Company. FMP has it under "Turney" not "Tierny"
    Sorry don't know what FMP is - can you clarify for me please.

I agree he was probably there a sa "civvie" after leaving military. First child Edward born there in 1831. Was back in Ireland for 2nd child in 1832

Knowledgeable and helpful

FMP is the website Find My Past. You can look at indexes free but you will need to pay to view details. Your local library might be giving access free during the pandemic - where I live we get Ancestry Library Edition free at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaredancer View Post
    FMP is the website Find My Past. You can look at indexes free but you will need to pay to view details. Your local library might be giving access free during the pandemic - where I live we get Ancestry Library Edition free at home.
    Thank you very much. Yes I can get access free at the moment.
    Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hjpfamhist View Post
    I agree he was probably there as a "civvie" after leaving military. First child Edward born there in 1831. Was back in Ireland for 2nd child in 1832
    Puzzled by your 1831 Edward birth? For example-
    https://limerickcity.ie/media/Tierney...20Limerick.pdf
    https://limerick.ie/sites/default/fi..._army_1758.pdf

Was there a 2nd Edward by a later marriage?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Puzzled by your 1831 Edward birth? For example-
    https://limerickcity.ie/media/Tierney...20Limerick.pdf
    https://limerick.ie/sites/default/fi..._army_1758.pdf

Was there a 2nd Edward by a later marriage?
    Sorry, yes is a bit confusing isn't it. My error there, but yes there was a second Edward and second marriage, and more confusing is that they were both Edward Thomas! Very confusing that they would reuse names. I am surmising that the first family must have lived with other relatives while Thomas was in military and away as first wife died in 1810. I am also guessing that the first Edward was possibly already in Army when 2nd one born as he would have been mid 20's.
    Have tried looking at the pages you gave, but internet not cooperating at the moment - will have to look later

Realised after posting that Thomas might have been in India as a "civvie"?
    Have found 2nd son John's application for the East India Company. FMP has it under "Turney" not "Tierny"
    Have tried looking for this but can't get anything.
    What category was this under please?

When searching for FMP baptisms select record set "British India Office Births & Baptisms" (I usually start keying India in the relevant field which delivers click on facility)

Still intrigued by your 2nd Edward birth to Thomas. Is it co-incidence that 2 Edward Tierneys born India 1831? I can spot one born to Mathew John Tierney but not one to Thomas Tierney.

The East India record for John Tierney is held under John Turney
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

When searching for FMP baptisms select record set "British India Office Births & Baptisms" (I usually start keying India in the relevant field which delivers click on facility)

Still intrigued by your 2nd Edward birth to Thomas. Is it co-incidence that 2 Edward Tierneys born India 1831? I can spot one born to Mathew John Tierney but not one to Thomas Tierney.

The East India record for John Tierney is held under John Turney
    Thank you I will keep looking

re 2 Edwards - I have been looking and also can't find - I think I must have picked that up from a different tree search some time ago - I don't seem to have any record here so must have assumed or written it in the wrong place. I will keep searching, thanks for the help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12