Settling in

Default Great Grandmother Mary Caroline Mauer

Hi there, I hope Brit- Gen can help me with the following information. Firstly find place of birth for Mary Caroline Mauer. She was born on 6th January 1871 in the Cape Province, she married William Christian Andreka. He was born 11 May 1867. He was also from t, Natal, on 19th January 1892. This couple were my mom's grandparents.
    I have no idea where Mary's sister Katherine Caroline Mauer was born (perhaps in the Cape) have no confirmed date of birth but she married John Christian Baumann in Durban, Natal. Married on 18th August 1891.
    William Christian was also known as Wilhelm Kristian Andreka.(H also had a third name George).Very confusing.
    Both Mary and Wilhelm's families came from Austria. I cannot find any information or record of these families. Perhaps destroyed in the wars.
    The head of the Baumann families came to South Africa from Wurtenburg Germany at the age of 26 years. His nephew came to South Africa with his wife in 1880. This was the beginning of Baumann biscuits and later Baker biscuits in Durban and Cape Town..
    I have no idea who the parents were of Mary and William.
    I hope this request is not too involved. Brit- Gen traced much info on my dad's roots from England U.K. I found cousins of whom I knew nothing about. Thanking you in anticipation,
    Cynthia Alter.

Just a quick observation. On the marriage image for Mary Caroline on familysearch.org it doesn't name parents but one of the witnesses was an Emily Mauer.
    Did Katherine Caroline Mauer marry twice because on the death record for a Kathrine Caroline Tar it says her maiden name was Mauer. On familysearch.org. Died 18 January 1945 age 75 so born c1875 which may help in the search. Kathrine's birth place given as Cape Province. The medical practitioner signing the document was an L Baumann which is the surname of the husband you gave for her.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Mary Caroline's death notice is here and says her parents were George Mauer and Louisa Pfitzer[?]

According to a tree on Ancestry Katherine Caroline Mauer was born November 1869 in Kingwilliamstown. Her second husband was David Fletcher Tarr and they married in 1937 in Pietermaritzburg (ante nuptial contract on NAAIRS)Some trees have her name written as Bowman rather than Baumann. Her death notice is here which says she is buried in the Pietermaritzburg Wesleyan Cemetery.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Settling in

Thank you for information, most helpful.Found a number of Mauers in Kingwilliamstown, I need to tie to the rest of the families. Also found grave stone with the names of Mauer and Andreka(in German). Hopefully they will be part of the family branch regards Cynthia Alter.

Settling in

No mention of second marriage for Katherine by family. Thank you for help, I will do follow ups wher possible. regards, Cynthia Alter.