gary.s

Default Marriage Look-up

Could some one with the right access please check for me in England and Wales Civil Registration Marriage Index, 1837-1915, the marriage of Harriet Prescott in January 1845, Pancras, London. Freebmd does not give the husbands name, many thanks in advance,

Gary.

Famous for offering help & advice

11th Feb 1845
    Joseph Pridden

gary.s

Thankyou kindly Pamela,

Gary.

Hi Gary,

The marriage certificate is on Ancestry in the database "London, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1932"

If you don't have access to Ancestry and would like the details entered on the cert. let me know, and I'll oblige.
    Alma

gary.s

Thank you for your reply Alma. I don't have an Ancestry subscription and the details would be great so please, if you don't mind, Thanks,

Gary.

Here you are, Gary.

St Pancras Church, 11th Feb 1845.

Joseph Pridden, bachelor, bootmaker, Tonbridge St, father Humphrey Pridden (dead)
    Harriet Prescott, spinster, Tonbridge St, father James Prescott, (gent)
    Bride and groom both signed. Witnesses: Edwin Malcolm and Ann Malcolm, both signed.
    Alma

gary.s

Really appreciate your help Alma, Thanks again,

Gary.

Possible sibling?
    Marriage, St John the Baptist, Hoxton, 11 Mar 1839
    Humphrey Gregory Pridden, full age, bachelor, ladies shoemaker, King's North Place, father Humphrey Gregory Pridden (deceased), stationer
    Harriet Susannah Nash, full age, spinster, Hoxton town, father Samuel Nash, cordwainer

Poor Law Union's Gazette, 1 Aug 1857
    DESERTERS OF FAMILIES
    Humphrey Pridden, aged 44, shoemaker, late of 1 Hertford Place, Haggerstone, abpout 5ft 6 high, dark complexion,, dark hair whiskers, and eyes; deserted his 3 children.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

gary.s

Nice work helachau, Thank you. I see his wife was Harriet as well, it must have been a popular name back then.

Gary.