Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Lives of the Great War

I have come across an entry on the above site concerning a distant relative which only shows his number, rank, name, initials and unit. I have some information of his service, including the action which lead to his DCM. I cannot see how I can relay this information. I tried to contact the IWM but my e-mail was rejected because I did not have a membership number.
    Can anyone suggest how I might now proceed?

The IWM has a contact form https://customerportal.iwm.org.uk/co...258.1592303003 Apologies if that's what you have already tried. I think I might try to use this as the Lives of the First World War site has my great-uncles' surname wrong. You'd think the site would make it easy for people who want to help them

Please let us know if the url works. I was under the impression that they were only going to accept information for a limited time, after which it would be available, but not added to... it would be nice to be wrong.

Brick wall demolition expert!

I'm afraid that I gave up with that particular site shortly after it was first launched. It was being run at the time by Findmypast and this was when you were being encouraged to put your ancestors on and encouraged to put genealogical records against their name from Findmypast. But you couldn't do so without paying Findmypast for those records even if you had an existing subscription to Findmypast. At that point I deleted the records I had uploaded from other sources and never went back.

Thanks for all your (not very encouraging) responses. I have tried the link suggested by squaredancer which lead me to the contact point I had previously discovered. I did give it another try but, unsurprisingly, I was again unsuccessful.

I am confused. When this site was launched I thought the object was to make it possible for everyone to contribute to it and in doing so create a profile, as comprehensive as possible, of lives of the Great War in a permanent memorial to that generation. I am disappointed that it seems that I am not able to make my meagre contrbution

Famous for offering help & advice

this is a link to Frequently Asked Questions about the original project

https://www.iwm.org.uk/projects-part...r/general-faqs

Thanks, Wimsey.
    Question answered.