Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    1939 address for Edith Eleanor 16/1/1900 & Thomas Griffiths 13/11/1897.Gardener.
    Greneral Register Office birth registration that "fits" Thomas' DoB -
    Thomas Griffiths, Dec Qtr 1897, St Asaph, vol 11b page 297 - mother's maiden name Roberts

1901 Census (ref RG 13 5240 43 2)
    Address - Foel Bach, Llannefydd
    Owen Griffiths, Head, Marr, age 40, Farmer and General Labourer
    Elinor Griffiths, Wife, Marr, age 37
    David Griffiths, Son, age 15
    Owen Griffiths, Son, age 10
    Thomas Griffiths, Son, age 3
    Maggie Griffiths, Dau, age 1
    Elinor Roberts, Mother-in-Law, Widow, age 78, born Llansannan, Denbighshire
    Mother-in-Law apart, all born Llannefydd

Thomas and Elizabeth named their son "Thomas Owen Griffith" - link to Owen Snr above?

The family is largely together at Foel Bach in 1911 (cannot post details - policy) but, interestingly, Elinor Griffiths now recorded as Ellen Griffiths.

However, a fly in the ointment but possibly a clerical error?
    Schools Admission Registers
    Thomas Griffiths, DoB - 16 Nov 1898, admitted 8 May 1905, parent - Owen, address - Voel Vach
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Powelly View Post
    Hi, my mum and I are currently working through some family tree info and don't really have a great deal of history for my fathers side. His parents (my grandparents) moved from the UK to Australia in the 1960's and I don't believe they kept in contact with their relevant families.

I know my Nain (Elizabeth Eleanor Griffiths, born 29/06/1921) grew up in Henllan on a farm we believe was called Bryn Gwenyn. I know she had a brother (Thomas Owen Griffiths, who I believe is buried near the church in Henllan.

My Nain married my Taid (William Archibald Powell) at the church in Henllan on 27/12/1952.

We also know my Nains parents (my great grandparents) names were:
    Edith Eleanor Griffiths (passed 20/11/1968)
    Thomas Griffiths (Tom the tractor) (passed 29/03/1968)

This is quite a broad request for related information. Marriage details, burial details, stories, photos, basically any info as so far, my searches in databases fails to identify any of the above I have personally visited Henllan and would very much like to get back there!

Any suggestions?
    sadly, i've only just come across this, hopefully you'll still be checking occasionally.
    the 2 Thomas Owen Griffiths's, 1922 one was my uncle, born 14th june 1922. married 3 times and died 13th oct 1983, West Cheshire Hospital,Upton by Chester.
    he and your Thomas Owen Griffiths may well have been cousins.
    mine was the son of William Griffiths and Mary Elizabeth Davies, grandson of Owen Griffiths and Elinor Roberts, Foel Bach, Llannefydd.
    your Thomas Owen, son of Thomas Griffiths might well be their grandson too. Thomas (the tractor) might be their first son, the older ones on census's were from Owen's previous marriage.
    Elinor had a daughter from a previous marriage too but she was given away to Elinor's sister.
    My grandparents, William and Mary lived in Henllan too for the early part of their marriage, I remember the name "park View" being mentioned which I think was the name of the house, Henllan St was mentioned too.
    My uncle was always addressed as "Thomas Owen" as there were so many Thomas's in the family, the name Owen was also well used, every generation back to the 1760's had at least one.
    As for Foel Bach, that was the names of their little home on Moel Fodiar, sadly just a pile of rubble now. Elinor was born there, as were all of Owen and Elinor's children.
    anyway, hopefully you'll see this and it might be of interest to you. if your Thomas was the son of Owen and Elinor, ive done a little research in the past and have one or two photos of family and Foel bach i'd be happy to share
    Regards Griff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12