Starting to feel at home

Default Bank of England extract help

Hi. I'm wanting to get details from ledgers held in the Bank of England archives. I've seen an extract done at one stage of the holdings I'm interested in, but would like assistance in understanding how the ledgers are kept and how to search them.

The Bank Archive centre has given some advice but I wondered if anyone here has had experience in this field or can point me to someone or somewhere I can get more detailed information from and answers to a myriad of questions I have as to what type of information is held and how it is stored/recorded/accessed.

I need to get an idea on what it looks like on their end so I know what details they need. I may need to pay a researcher but would prefer to know what sort of information or searching can be done prior to going in.

For example they sent this link, but it doesn't relate to what I need for the query or make much sense as it stands.
    https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=...203%25&f=false

Of course nothing can be done at present due to the Covid lockdown, but success stories or guide would be helpful in the meantime.

Thanks

Starting to feel at home

On Family Search they had this info:

Form of Entries

From 1807 the entries follow a standard format. A docket number, without relevance to researchers, is found in the top left-hand corner of each entry. Beneath most docket number is a note "no J/A" or "no ja", meaning that there is no joint account. The central text gives details of the stockholder: surname, forename, address and occupation or rank. There then follows details of the stock or stocks held, showing their par or face vale, their description, their price and the market value at the date of the holder's death. The Stock Register Number is recorded in the margin against each stock. The total value of the deceased's personal estate, preceded by the words "sworn under", is also given in the margin.

Next comes information about the will itself, its date, the executors' names, and the court in which it was proved. Then follows the exact extract from the will that relates to stock, followed by the solicitor's or principal's signed opinion. Here the margin will note the implementation of the bequest or any change to the parties, such as the death of an executor or the coming of age of a legatee. Finally, the clerk wrote the register number (the number used for indexing purposes) in the bottom left-hand corner, the date of registration in the centre and his signature in the bottom right-hand corner, before ruling off the entry.

Entries relating to bankruptcy and lunacy contain less detail than those for bequests. The marginal notes may be the most valuable, particularly if they give details of trusts.

The earlier volumes have a number of interesting original documents tipped in. Although the last of these is dated 1821, they usually relate to events before 1760. Later such documents were examined, noted in the margin, and then returned."

I sent a copy of the extract with Folio numbers etc, because it was an interim extract, they held the stock for some years after. I wanted to find all the "notes n the margin" yet when I requested this they said: "I have taken a careful look through the transcript but I’m afraid I cannot determine any particular details which would help me to immediately locate Richard May in our collection of stock. There is mention of “long annuities” which we do have in our collection, so I think this would be a potential avenue for you to explore.

I have taken a look through our catalogue for “long annuities” and think there are a good few possible sources for you to browse. If you search through our catalogue for these annuities, following the same instructions in my original email (you will also be able to enter specific date ranges in the “date” field which may help to narrow your search)."

So, I'm at loss as to understand where I'm going wrong or where to go from here especially as I gave them folio numbers etc from the available extract.