Default William FISHER (1747-1834) & Lowey FOSTER (?)

Hi there all,

My brickwall commences with the above I do have their marriage details, 27 Sep 1768 St Peters Wolverhampton,Staffordshire, England. I cannot sight the marriage certificate to hopefully find their parents.

I am a descendent of their son Abel Fisher 1769-1849, and would like to see if he had siblings.
    I would appreciate any advice please.

Thank you

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Marriage certificates with the name and occupation of fathers only began on 1 July 1837 with the start of civil registration in England and Wales. (Civil registration began later in Scotland.)

Have you found Abel's baptism in a parish register? Go further through the pages of that register to look for the baptism of more children.
    Search all the sites you can for any reference to baptisms for children of William and Lowey Fisher. You have a slight problem with Fisher being a fairly common surname. And another with Lowey being open to all sorts of variant spellings.

If you don't have a subscription to either Findmypast or Ancestry your local library may have free access.
    Another site to try is FamilySearch.
    There's also FreeREG but the bigger towns/cities rarely get transcribed because of the sheer number of entries. (I know this is later, but the small village my ancestors lived in had thirty baptisms in 1813, and you would need to multiply that by at least ten I would have thought, even for fifty years earlier, for Wolverhampton.)

Ooh - I often search as I type replies and I was just typing Wolverhampton into a search engine when it automatically came up with something about indexes for Wolverhamton PRs. so I suggest you try that too.You might strike lucky.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”