Question Searching origin of three siblings emigrated

Hi Need help with finding the origins of three siblings who emigrated to South Africa in 1860. The sailed on the John Masterman from Southampton on the 25th March 1860. Their names were James McCay aged 21, Margaret McCay aged 24 and Martha Jane McCay aged only 18. I've obtained copies of the shipping list from the Cape Town archives which indicate that the siblings were from Ireland or Irish.

Sailing on the same ship was Thomas Rea from Portadown. Thomas married Martha in Grahamstown 1863 when she turned 21 and her brother James signed as the witness.

The difficulty to find out where they were from is complicated as I'm unable to source any death records that may indicate the names of their parents or where they were born. The fact that Martha was so young made we wonder if they were orphaned with James being her guardian.

I'm not sure if Thomas knew the McCays before their voyage.

https://www.eggsa.org/cgi-bin/dosearchArrivals.pl

Growing old Disgracefully

Did your Thomas Rea die 7 May 1907
    Bathurst,Cape Province, South Africa

Hi Sandyhall Thank you for your response. Yes Thomas Rea 7 May 1903. I also hold a hardcopy obtained from Cape Town Archives with more information recorded his 4 children but no mention made of Martha Jane McCay. I can attach a link to their Marriage Cert on Familysearch.org.https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61...f=G3RV-Z2D&i=8

Growing old Disgracefully

I also found that and a will for a Maryann Elizabeth Rea Levey leaving every thing to her daughter Mildred Florence Levey on FS - Ancestry do not have any infomation for Africa on their site.

Hi Sandyhall, thank you for your information. I gathered That Maryann Elizabeth Rea Levey had left all to her only daughter. As part of my research I was hoping to find a will by Mildred Florence Levey Mcleod who was widowed and had no children. A Joseph Ray had signed the DN of the hardcopy I received from the archives for Thomas Rea as we were wondering how he fitted into the family. Thomas had a brother John and Maryann Elizabeth was his only daughter and the mother was Deborah Abrahams. We have John and Deborah's Irish Marriage cert. They were married in Portadown. John died 1869 aged 41. His ancestral line stopped with Mildred Florence not having had any children. I'm still researching her date of death.
    Last edited by Maureen Coleen; 20-06-2020 at 7:30 PM. Reason: Clarify