Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Default Isabella Taylor missing after 1851

I believe my ancestor's sister is the Isabella Taylor nee Wearden in Lancaster in 1851

1851 census: 2 Thurnham Street, Lancaster (HO107 / 2272, f 407, p 25)
    Elizabeth Taylor, head, wid, 70, born Bolton-le-Sands, Lancashire
    Jane Taylor, dau, un, 40, upholsteress, born Kirby Lonsdale
    William Taylor, son, mar, 30, coach maker, born Tatham, Lancs
    *** Isabella Taylor, son’s wife, mar, 23, (formerly Servant) born Hornby, Lancashire
    Mary Taylor, dau un, 27, upholsteress, born Lancaster
    Jane Elizabeth Taylor, grand-dau, 3 months, born Lancaster

I think her birthplace ought to be "Thornley" near Goosnargh, but the enumerator mis-read his notes (it's clearly Hornby on the census page)

The marriage was Blackburn 2Q 1850, and there was a probable child William Taylor born Lancaster (mmn Wearden) in 2Q 1852.

The mother-in-law and one sister-in-law were still in Lancaster in 1861 (RG 9;Piece: 3156; Folio: 106; Page: 5)

Where did Isabella and her husband go after 1852? Can't find any more children mmn Wearden, and no likely-looking death registrations for her. Thinking they might have followed the railways to carriage-building works I have just looked for Isabella Taylors in Scotland in 1861 without success.

Any ideas welcome.
    Barbara

Famous for offering help & advice

She perhaps remarried to a John Eastham in Blackburn in 1858. Younger children from this possible marriage have mmn Warden(eg Wright and Walter) or Wearden(John). However the oldest daughter, Mary Ann has mmn Entwistle,(looking at GRO births).They are in Blackburn in 1861, then in Bury in 1871 and 1881.

Quote Originally Posted by grisel View Post
    She perhaps remarried to a John Eastham in Blackburn in 1858. Younger children from this possible marriage have mmn Warden(eg Wright and Walter) or Wearden(John). However the oldest daughter, Mary Ann has mmn Entwistle,(looking at GRO births).They are in Blackburn in 1861, then in Bury in 1871 and 1881.
    Looking at Lancs OPC there is a baptism of a Mary Ann Eastham in Blackburn in 1859, daughter of Richard and Margaret,. Mmn Entwistle.

Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

Well found and thanks, Grisel. I've just been looking at all the things you found, and it does look like her. She gives her birthplace as Thornley twice, which is spot on, and I have found the death of the first husband William Taylor in Lancaster in 2Q 1852 aged 32, so it all fits together.
    Can't place all those "extra" children, though, the Smiths and the mmn Entwhistles. They must have been a couple who took in all the orphans, cousins, waifs and strays. But it really doesn't matter who they were. Know I know why I couldn't find her after 1851, which was what I wanted. I have soft spot for her because she was known as a child as "Bello" and mentioned in her mother's will as "Bellow". She may have been a noisy child!
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by barbara lee View Post
    Well found and thanks, Grisel. I've just been looking at all the things you found, and it does look like her. She gives her birthplace as Thornley twice, which is spot on, and I have found the death of the first husband William Taylor in Lancaster in 2Q 1852 aged 32, so it all fits together.
    Can't place all those "extra" children, though, the Smiths and the mmn Entwhistles. They must have been a couple who took in all the orphans, cousins, waifs and strays. But it really doesn't matter who they were. Know I know why I couldn't find her after 1851, which was what I wanted. I have soft spot for her because she was known as a child as "Bello" and mentioned in her mother's will as "Bellow". She may have been a noisy child!
    Thanks again.
    Glad you have found Bellow! I had put Isabella(no surname)b Thornley 1826 to 1830 into Family Search and Isabella Eastham was the only one who came up.