Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for getting back to me again Megan and i am sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. as regards to the COVID 19 things are starting to change here as you probably know Australia in made of up of 5 states and two territories. Our state , Western Australia has been in lockdown to all other States and International visitors we have also had lockdowns for regions within the State, however, the regions have been opened now and restrictions have been lifted so I was out for coffee with my wife Jan on Thursday and then into Perth city for lunch with people i used to work with so consequently it has taken me a while to get back to you.

Our Benjamin Fisher was born August 1820 and he came to Australia in 1856. He died 1884 in Braidwood New South Wales (NSW). We went over to NSW in 2017 to Braidwood and I visited his and Rachel's gravesite.

I don't have access to Ancestry however I do have a family tree on Ancestry which i can give you access to if you private message me your email address. I believe that there is access through our local libraray so i will have to pursue that avenue. I have William as being baptised January 1796 and being sentenced to life for stealing a silver watch form Levi Morrell. William was transported to Australia on the Hebe to NSW. As you stated he was granted a pardon and was then given permission by the Governor in 1831 to marry Elizabeth Morgan.

William's brother James was convicted of receiving bushels of malt knowing they were stolen and was also transported to Australia on the Lord Lynoch on 30 May 1833 and arrived at Sydney on 18 October 1833.

I can't view the "North Knott Family Tree" but when I was searching for trees I found the tree for the person I contacted here in Perth which you may want to look at the tree is "Ron's DNA tree" and he has done his DNA through Ancestry. Interesting story with him too. He was born Ronald Walter Fisher but his mother divorced when he was young then remarried and ended up in New Zealand but instead of using his birth name Ron used his mother's married name when he went to school. Her married name was Campbell, however, this caused a problem for him when he wanted to get married as his change of name was not done officially so he then had to legally do a name change so that he could be married as Ron Campbell. I have also done my DNA through Ancestry but I cant see a link to Ron Campbell or Debra Edwards.

Once again thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Graham

Brick wall demolition expert!

Hi Graham

Sorry its taken me a while to respond, but I got divert by a very distant cousin contacting me on Ancestry about my tree!

In terms of locating the “North Knott Family Tree” I’m wondering whether it’s necessary to try to fool Ancestry’s search engines!

Obviously I use the UK site, but I don’t think that should make a difference. I found the tree originally using the “Search” box where I put in his father’s name and place that he might have lived (Thorley, Hertfordshire), and then his spouse – Mary Moore. Then selected from Collection Focus – UK and Ireland. And then just Family Trees. So no dates, and then clicked search.

If that does not work for you, given that she has different information to you, try adding in their children, no places just dates as follows:
    William Fish 1792-1804
    John Fish 1799-1881
    George Fish 1800-1840
    Thomas Fish 1801-1878
    Mary Fish 1803-1845
    Sarah Fish 1806
    Harriet Fish 1808
    James Fish 1809-1881
    Richard Fish 1811
    Henry Fish 1814-1882
    Elizabeth Fish 1818
    Benjamin Fish 1820-1865

The names and dates are taken from her tree. The purpose being to bring up a match to her tree so that you can contact her.

Good luck
    Megan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12