Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Settling in

Default Russell family of Sheerness

Hi, I am new to this site and am trying to trace my GGGrandfathers mother, Catherine Yitta Myers who married Samuel Russell on 18th June 1826. I think she was born in Sheerness Kent in about 1802. My GGGrandfather is Reuben Thomas Russell who was born about 1825 in Sheerness and transported to Australia. He was tried at Faversham in Kent on 19th April 1847. and arrived in Australia on the Hashemy on 11th June 1849. I have so far been unable to find out anything about his mother and who her parents were. Would appreciate any help. Thanks DSAPaton

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello DSAPaton,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

The forum is quite a big place, and queries often get posted in the wrong section, so I need to ask if Catherine and/or Samuel were Jewish. Thinking about Catherine's middle name (and the choice of Reuben for the name of their son) the answer is probably going to be 'yes'. And if it is, then obviously you've chosen the best place for your query.
    If the answer is 'no', then I'll move your post to the Kent county forum.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Famous for offering help & advice

There is a tree on Ancestry which has these people in. Is this your tree?

I relate to the Russell families through marriage via one of my lines. The Samuel Russell and Catherine line can be seen on Cemetery Scribes Samuel Russell (Samuel b Moshe)1798-1857 ID 9356. This line descends from Moses Russell and Sarah Levin see Cemetery Scribes for his tombstone and records.
    I have posted on the forum regarding my connections to the lines on the thread Henry Russell the well known Victorian song writer and singer son of Moses/Sarah.

Pam and other moderators would you mind posting the link.

In addition, I hold data on the Russell from contact with a descendant in Australia and have researched the lines with him.

Let me know if I can help further.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

See the thread Hannah De Lara and Henry Russell started 29.8.2009 in which I talk about my lines relationships to Moses Russell/Sarah Levin parents of Samuel, Henry and others. See also thread John Davies-Isabella Russell started 18.12.2018 where I discuss further family relationships to my lines.

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    See the thread Hannah De Lara and Henry Russell started 29.8.2009 in which I talk about my lines relationships to Moses Russell/Sarah Levin parents of Samuel, Henry and others. See also thread John Davies-Isabella Russell started 18.12.2018 where I discuss further family relationships to my lines.
    This is the link https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ABELLA-RUSSELL
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I relate to the Russell families through marriage via one of my lines. The Samuel Russell and Catherine line can be seen on Cemetery Scribes Samuel Russell (Samuel b Moshe)1798-1857 ID 9356. This line descends from Moses Russell and Sarah Levin see Cemetery Scribes for his tombstone and records.
    I have posted on the forum regarding my connections to the lines on the thread Henry Russell the well known Victorian song writer and singer son of Moses/Sarah.

In addition, I hold data on the Russell from contact with a descendant in Australia and have researched the lines with him.

Is this the post you refer to Phillip?
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...+Moses%2FSarah.

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Philip,
    Can you remember if Henry had a separate thread, or do you mean the one with him and Hannah De Lara because I can't find one just for him.

Like Christina (who posted while I was still searching for a Henry-only thread), I found the one for Hannah De Lara and Henry Russell
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...highlight=lara

and the John Davies-Isabella Russell thread
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...ABELLA-RUSSELL

Pam

Many thanks Pam and Christina-the threads you have posted are the right ones.Thank you for your patience. I am not as quick as in the past as you know.

Many thanks Pam and Christina-the threads you have posted are the right ones.Thank you for your patience. I am not as quick as in the past as you know.
    Not a problem, Philip.
    The fact that you knew the thread headings and the dates raised made it fairly simple to find them. Oh to be so organised myself.

Pam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast