Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Moore's in Canada.

Hi, I am looking to find relatives of mine who moved to Canada from England. I am looking for William Moore born 1927 in Middlesbrough, England, He married Sheila June Lambert born Middlesbrough, England 1929 in Middlesbrough, England 1949. They had two children, Michael born 1950 in Middlesbrough, England and Leslie born 1952 in Middlesbrough, England. Sometime after this they moved to Canada, I have found them in Scarborough, Ontario in 1968 and 1974 but I cannot find a single trace of them anywhere after this. I have tried every single thing I can think of. I would really appreciate any new ideas or advice. Canada seem to have really strict privacy laws so its proving `difficult, William was my grandfathers brother but my grandfather died in 1975 long before I was born.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Enjoy yourself!

I think you’ll find that privacy laws are fairly strict everywhere. We have our own - we cannot allow details about potentially living people to be posted on the open forum. The good news is that people can provide information through the personal message system.

Have you looked for death certificates?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Lesley, Yes I understand why it is the way it is, it just makes it difficult to find things out. I have searched Canadian obituaries and deaths on every genealogical website I can think of. I really hope they are still alive but it is not very likely.

Knowledgeable and helpful

The person you seek may have moved to the USA. Many people entered via Canada and later went south pwholt

Knowledgeable and helpful

Have you thought of writing an open letter to a newspaper circulating in the Scarbotough area asking for information?
    I was faced with a similar situation trying to trace relatives in New Zealand and this proved a successful tactic for me. A former neighbour replied with their new contact details.