Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Just a quick shout out

Hi just a quick shout out to the people who helped me on here and a quick update I manage to obtain the marriage certificate of Charles Kenney and after understanding the writing on it I found out he lived in Sarginson street and his farther was Micheal Kenney now the fun starts in finding any records from before 1893 and then I can pinpoint where in co Clare they lived before moving to England. So Thank you and I hope I can pick your Brains again xx

Quote Originally Posted by angeleyes18 View Post
    Hi just a quick shout out to the people who helped me on here and a quick update I manage to obtain the marriage certificate of Charles Kenney and after understanding the writing on it I found out he lived in Sarginson street and his farther was Micheal Kenney now the fun starts in finding any records from before 1893 and then I can pinpoint where in co Clare they lived before moving to England. So Thank you and I hope I can pick your Brains again xx
    Hi angeleyes, it is kind of you to voice your appreciation, thank you, I'm sure those who helped will be pleased.

It is good news that you've managed to get further information to help your search.

Don't hesitate in posting asking for more help, B-G members are always willing and eager to try to help.

Good luck.
    Alma

I will do and thanks just on find my past now trying to find information
    Keep safe xx

Are you familiar with Catholic Registers on line and Civil Records at Irish Genealogy?

Check out the baptism of Charles Canny, Sep 10 1865 (Catholic registers - Feakle)) and the birth registration of Charles Canny, Scarriff registration district, 1865 (Irish Genealogy)
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Hi helachau I am not familiar with these records I will have a look as my 3x great grandfather was from feakle well it is spelt wrong on the 1901 etc census you have made my day with this information

If you are chasing Irish "rellies" just as well to be familiar with navigating these sites.

Good luck

PS - any problems just shout

Just thinking would there be somewhere I could find out when the canny/kenny's (just to make sure i am on the right track ) came over to England as I know Charles got married in 1893 in Wigan if you don't mind xx

There isn't a site/source that can provide such information eg. passenger lists. Also, the lack of Irish Censuses before 1901 means you cannot determine the decade of arrival.

Catholic Registers https://registers.nli.ie/registers/v...ge/25/mode/1up

Click on link. Use zoom (+) -Charles Canny is in rt. hand column Sep 10.

Catholic Registers also has Canny baptisms in Feakle of Bridget (15 Feb 1864), Margaret (20 Mar 1867),George (5 Nov 1868) and Michael (28th Mar 1870).

The birth registrations can be viewed on Irish Genealogy https://irishgenealogy.ie/en/

Irish Genealogy also has the birth registrations of Mary (1 Nov 1871) and James (12 Jul 1873). Jame's address different to the previous 6 births.

Haven't checked Catholic Registers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast