Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The column heading appears to include "Parents, Rank/Class,.......(?) and Residence" (big question mark over my translating!!).

The first entry looks to include "Tolstrup" - could this be the parish in "Hjorring Amt (County)" or a Surname (have seen it given as an example of Danish Surnames).
    Do you have an idea of the region in Denmark the Church book relates to? Did you find the entry on line?
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Starting to feel at home

The record was online and entry says it is for Odense, Assens Parish. Your translations are about the same as mine but I think the rank/class on another document actually had an occupation. In fact looking at Tolstrup, the first word there is ????man so it must be occupation. I just can't work out the handwriting though.

https://sa.dk/ao-soegesider/en/billed...51891,70024714

2nd entry - column 5
    Found this at Danish Church records ("Daisy") but I think these records are available on Ancestry? Still struggling to read the problem word and still trying to determine what the first word in column 5 is intended to refer to, even after checking out other entries in the register.

Checked later entries (1900) where the writing is a little more legible. I think the first word in col 5 identifies Occupation eg. found "Detaillist/Retailer", "Fiskehandler/Fishmonger".

Starting to feel at home

Thanks, helachau. As I say I am sure it is occupation but, like you, I still can't make it out (though this is clearer than on Ancestry). I will keep trying!

"Magal......" whatever pops up again 1st November 1855 re Albrecht Johannes Vicolai Claussen (page 92/308) - but still none the wiser!!

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    "Magal......" whatever pops up again 1st November 1855 re Albrecht Johannes Vicolai Claussen (page 92/308) - but still none the wiser!!
    My records are all over the place! His son was Albrecht Johannes Nicolai Clausen and I have him down as a klejnsmed (boiler maker) in 1878 and an operator in 1884(forgot to write Danish down!) and his wife is a Jomfru

In the first image I posted and the 1 Nov 1855 entry, the problem word appears to carry a "breve" (looks like bottom part of a circle) above the letter which appears immediately after what is being taken as an "f" (did wonder if that might be a long "s" - but doubtful). Claussen (which does appear to have the long "s") also shows a "breve" above the "u".

Meant to add - re Ancestry (I don't have access) are the records indexed and easily accessed/searched or does it require scrolling/paging thru' images as per "daisy".

Starting to feel at home

Quote Originally Posted by helachau View Post
    In the first image I posted and the 1 Nov 1855 entry, the problem word appears to carry a "breve" (looks like bottom part of a circle) above the letter which appears immediately after what is being taken as an "f" (did wonder if that might be a long "s" - but doubtful). Claussen (which does appear to have the long "s") also shows a "breve" above the "u".

Meant to add - re Ancestry (I don't have access) are the records indexed and easily accessed/searched or does it require scrolling/paging thru' images as per "daisy".

I only have one image posted by you from "Daisy". I have seen a lot of Clausen with the breve over the u so I thought it had to be a u but looking at Lorenz Marius it looks like two breves rather than a dot over the I! BTW you keep putting Claussen - am I not seeing the trees for the wood or is it a typo (no offence meant btw I am just checking I am not going mad!).

Re Ancestry, I don't have full access (no subscription) but during lockdown our local libraries are providing it (limited) for free so I can see some records and I can save them to my computer but I can't associate them with my tree (hence my records are all over the place!) There is a search facility and once on the document then you can scroll through the pages but no indexing that I can see.

Starting to feel at home

Sorry to trouble you again but do you think that first letter is an H? I have just noticed the line above is Hanne Sophie and the H looks nigh on identical.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast