Question Forces War Records site.

I have fed all my dads information in the site and all I get is one piece of information in the form of a photocopy of I small page of dates and abbreviations from 1945-48. He was in the Royal Artillery from 1929 and I can't find out anything else at all. I'm just being led round in circles and come back to this page each time. Am I missing something in using the group?
    His name is Edgar George Morley, Service no. 794532. Royal Artillery 10 Field Regiment. enlisted 2 August 1929. Discharge 25 June 1948.
    Can anyone help point me in the right direction please?

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, William.

Since you have arrived here via the FWR site, you may find the information HERE useful. Essentially, they own and host the whole site, but the British Genealogy Forum is run independently, and costs nothing to use.

WW2 service records have not been released for publication by MOD yet. Family members can buy a set, it will cost you 30 pounds and a copy of his death certificate. If he is still alive, he can get a copy free. See the post at the top of the WW2 Forum HERE. When I ordered my Father's records, it took about 3 months to come - how busy they are tends to reflect how near the big anniversaries are.

Good luck!

Thank you Lesley, much appreciated. I'm new to all this.

We all have to start somewhere. The members of BG will be able to help more when/if you decide to take your famil further back, but be warned, it's addictive!