Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Margaret08

Default My missing great uncle.

I seem to have mislaid my great uncle; can anyone help me to find him please?

His name is Norman Wilfred YEATES, I first found him on the 1911 Census living in Hutton Roof with his grandmother Mary YEATES and his mother Jane Elizabeth YEATES. He seems to be the last illegitimate child of Jane Elizabeth, according to his birth certificate he was born on 28 January 1903 at Cragg Terrace, Hutton Roof; the father’s name is blank.

Jane married Nathan BLAND on 3 May 1911 when she was 38, I have looked both under YEATES and BLAND (though none of her other children seem to have gone under any name other than YEATES) but can’t find anything. There is one tree on Ancestry with Norman on but that tree has his father as Robert Kilner Yeates who is his uncle, so unless the tree owner knows something that I don’t that entry is incorrect.

I would love to know what happened to Norman, so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

Margaret

keith.robinson

If you take the Wilfred out of the name then there is a Norman Yeates listed as birth about 1904 departing Southampton 05/06/1914 for Quebec Canada. Just a thought.

Have checked spelling variations such as Yates?

Famous for offering help & advice

The Norman Yeates on board ship for Canada is with a family including mother,father & siblings.

Margaret08

Thank you Keith and Lesley, Yes I have checked out various spelling as well as changing his last name to 'Bland'. As Pamela said the Norman on his way to Canada was sailing with his family.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Margaret.

there are a few Normans and a few Wilfreds on the 1939 register born 28 January 1903 - with completely different surnames. I guess its not beyond the bounds of possibility that someone might change their surname - but how on earth one could check that I've no idea !

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret08 View Post
    I seem to have mislaid my great uncle; can anyone help me to find him please?

His name is Norman Wilfred YEATES, I first found him on the 1911 Census living in Hutton Roof with his grandmother Mary YEATES and his mother Jane Elizabeth YEATES. He seems to be the last illegitimate child of Jane Elizabeth, according to his birth certificate he was born on 28 January 1903 at Cragg Terrace, Hutton Roof; the father’s name is blank.

Jane married Nathan BLAND on 3 May 1911 when she was 38, I have looked both under YEATES and BLAND (though none of her other children seem to have gone under any name other than YEATES) but can’t find anything. There is one tree on Ancestry with Norman on but that tree has his father as Robert Kilner Yeates who is his uncle, so unless the tree owner knows something that I don’t that entry is incorrect.

I would love to know what happened to Norman, so if anyone can help I would be grateful.

Margaret
    Could you not contact the tree owner on "Ancestry" asking for help. Thats what I would do.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Is the record below correct.

YATES, NORMAN WILFRED -
    GRO Reference: 1903 M Quarter in KENDAL Volume 10B Page 762

Note spelling of surname.

Growing old Disgracefully

Could this be him on the 1939 Census born 27 Sep 1903, married to Hilda - 40 Cambell Rd
    Residence Place: Eccles, Lancashire, England - occupation Electrical Engineer (Diesel)

Source Citation
    The National Archives; Kew, London, England; 1939 Register; Reference: RG 101/4753G

he died in Bolton in 1977

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast