Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Margaret08

Quote Originally Posted by maesglas/ssclub View Post
    Is the record below correct.

YATES, NORMAN WILFRED -
    GRO Reference: 1903 M Quarter in KENDAL Volume 10B Page 762

Note spelling of surname.
    I have his birth certificate, the fathers name is missing but his mothers is correct, so that looks like a mis-transcription.

Margaret08

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Could you not contact the tree owner on "Ancestry" asking for help. Thats what I would do.
    I don't think that he is active any more, but looking through his tree he has lots of errors, I think that in this case he his mis-interpreted the 1911 census.

Margaret08

Quote Originally Posted by wimsey View Post
    he died in Bolton in 1977
    Thank you but that has the wrong date of birth.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret08 View Post
    Thank you but that has the wrong date of birth.
    quite correct

A fountain of knowledge

Wonder if your Jane Bland [nee Yeates] had a will and if so, if Norman was mentioned. Just trying to think of ways to see where he might pop up on paper that could give a lead on further information on him.

Growing old Disgracefully

If I'm looking at the same tree he's taken source infomation from "Ancestry Tree" which is not always right and is a no-no to me.

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Sandyhall View Post
    Could this be him on the 1939 Census born 27 Sep 1903, married to Hilda - 40 Cambell Rd
    Residence Place: Eccles, Lancashire, England - occupation Electrical Engineer (Diesel)

Source Citation
    The National Archives; Kew, London, England; 1939 Register; Reference: RG 101/4753G
    On looking at this again it's not your man in 1903 their where 2 birth's in the whole of the country at that time with the name.

Births Mar 1903 - Yeates - Norman Wilfred. Kendal. 10b 762 (your Norman)

Births Sep 1903 - Yeates - Norman Cyril. Swindon 5a 24a

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hi Margaret, the post I put the GRO record which I think is the right person, the - indicates that the mother maiden name is YATES no fathers name could be the reason.

Margaret08

Quote Originally Posted by shippo View Post
    Wonder if your Jane Bland [nee Yeates] had a will and if so, if Norman was mentioned. Just trying to think of ways to see where he might pop up on paper that could give a lead on further information on him.
    So far I haven't been able to find a will, her daughter Laura registered the death in 1944, Jane is described as 'Widow', so Nathan died before her. She was back living in Hutton Roof.

Margaret08

Quote Originally Posted by maesglas/ssclub View Post
    Hi Margaret, the post I put the GRO record which I think is the right person, the - indicates that the mother maiden name is YATES no fathers name could be the reason.
    Thank you, I do have his birth certificate, I also have him on the 1939 Register which is how I came to find out about him - I just wish that I knew what happened to him. Maybe the next Census will give me a clue. Sigh!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast