Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Arthur Handley 1885 Wolverhampton

Hi
    i have a distant relation called Vera Handley married name Hines born 1921 in the Wolverhampton area, whose father was named Arthur handley Born 1885 in Bradmore Wolverhampton Wife's name was Annie Card before marriage. I have also found out that there was another daughter Elizabeth Joan born 1913.
    i am looking for information about Arthur Handley Particularly his experience in the first world war and any photos of him.

Any information greatly appreciated

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums
    I have given your post a thread of its own in the WW1 forum with the new title Arthur Handley 1885 Wolverhampton. I have done this to hopefully give it a better chance of being seen by our helpful members.
    Be aware that 60% plus of WW1 service records were destroyed by bombing/fire/water in WW11 so it is a lucky person who finds a surviving record. The Medal Roll Index cards and Award and Medal records do survive but these very rarely have any personal information on them.
    We will see what can be found
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

I found a birth registration for an Arthur Handley which I think is the nearest birth date to your Arthur and it is the dec 1/4 1884 registration district Wolverhampton. My find is confirmed by a public tree on ancestry.com which gives his birth date as
    25 September1884. he and Annie Card married in July 1912.
    There is a daughter Mary Francis Annie Handley born 21 August 1914 and a son Charles Arthur John Handley birth date 6 March 1916. Purchasing one or both of these birth certificates could give the Father Arthur's regiment and number if he was in the army on these dates.

This information may help others in the search for his army records (if any).
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Birth registration on the GRO index
    Arthur Handley Dec 1/4 registration Wolverhampton vol 6b page 531 mother's maiden name Wilkes.
    On FreeBMD Marriage of a James Handley to an Elizabeth Wilkes March 1/4 1881 Wolverhampton vol 6b page 569

Arthur, Annie and Vera are on the 1939 England and Wales Register at 2 Pinfold Crescent Wolverhampton. Arthur's occupation - Gardener
    You may already have this info - I got carried away and is just additional to what you are primarily interested in - Arthur Handley's 1884 WW1 war service.
    Christina
    William Burroughs

Loves to help with queries

Shouldn't this be on the WW1 board?

Quote Originally Posted by StintonLomas View Post
    Shouldn't this be on the WW1 board?
    Thanks for letting me know I stuffed up. Must get stronger glasses.

Christina
    William Burroughs