Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Ian Scott Paton 1920-1985.

Can anyone help me trace relatives of the above gentleman? He was supintendant of Police in the West Indies 1946-1957, where he lived with his wife Ellen, and daughters Wendy, Carole and Susan. I have discovered some correspondance of theirs which I would like to return to them.

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Please bear in mind that we cannot allow details about (potentially) living people on the open forum. You can exchange them via our personal message service.
    Geographical information can often be useful. Is that his death registered in Chichester? If so, it would probably be useful to check Voter’s lists, marriage announcements for the daughters, etc.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum.
    Please bear in mind that we cannot allow details about (potentially) living people on the open forum. You can exchange them via our personal message service.
    Geographical information can often be useful. Is that his death registered in Chichester? If so, it would probably be useful to check Voter’s lists, marriage announcements for the daughters, etc.
    Thank You.
    I have already tried your suggestions but have come to a dead end. A friend suggested if I could get a post in West Indies someone might be able to help. I'm not sure how to do a personal message. i presume I need to know someone to send it to?
    Jane

Famous for offering help & advice

Have a look on familysearch,there are a few records that may interest you.Also Ancestry have arrivals for the family from different destinations. I think his wife possibly died in 2016.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Pamelawagster View Post
    Have a look on familysearch,there are a few records that may interest you.Also Ancestry have arrivals for the family from different destinations. I think his wife possibly died in 2016.
    Thank youvery much. I have exhausted Ancestry and have a couple of clues from there, but I haven't looked at Family Search
    Jane

Famous for offering help & advice

I found the possible death of his wife on Ancestry.

Name: Ms Ellen Margaret Lawrance Paton
    Birth Date: 1923
    Death Date:22 Mar 2017
    Arundel, West Sussex, England

There is a public tree on ancestry with these people in it. The daughters names are private but the owner of the tree may be able to give you more information unless of course it is your tree?
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    There is a public tree on ancestry with these people in it. The daughters names are private but the owner of the tree may be able to give you more information unless of course it is your tree?
    Christina
    Thank You. Yes it is my tree!

Reputation beyond repute

If you obtain a copy of the grant and will of his widow Iis the one Pamela found the right person?) you will get valuable clues on locating the daughters.