Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iPad help

Famous for offering help & advice

Default iPad help

I’m having a problem with using my Ancestry UK account which Ancestry Help & live chat have told me isn’t down to the Ancestry site.

So I have IPad,I phone & Apple Mac. I can view messages and search the records but l cannot post any messages or respond to any other members messages.

Also, the pages have changed format,they appear to big for the page and instantly shrink to fit but the text is tiny!

I have emptied the cache etc,there aren’t any extensions on safari,I have tried accessing through Google Chrome & Mozilla,all of which Ancestry suggested.

It was working through Ancestry.com but now that has the same problem!

Any help or advice would be gratefully accepted!

Pam.

Hi Pam, I’ve just tried Anc UK on my iPad, and it is behaving normally. I didn’t try and post a message, but I could read them and the search pages without problems...
    Is there any chance that one of your settings has changed? I find that sometimes after they run an update...

Knowledgeable and helpful

I’ve had problems viewing the images using my ipad on Ancestry. Now use Edge for this, and the images are fine.
    Julie

Yes had that too for months.The problem I have now is very recent. This is only a problem with Ancestry and not anything else on any of my devices.Pam.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

The generic reply to a reported problem is.....'Clear Cache and cookies'from your device.

Sometimes works. Have you tried it.?

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Knowledgeable and helpful

Well that worked.
    Julie

Yes have cleared cache & cookies. Followed all instructions.Ancestry say it’s not a website problem. When I try to post or respond to the messages it gives a message ‘ we cannot direct you to the page at this time’
    I think it’s a setting problem on the iPad,it’s updated,I
    also deleted some apps I’d loaded recently in case it was a conflict but I can’t solve the problem!

Loves to help with queries

Help! I asked Ancestry why suddenly I can’t open original images using my iPad and got the reply about Clear cache and cookies....no idea what that means or how to do it.

Sue

After weeks of messaging with Ancestry and same answer was clear cache etc,I did this numerous times and it didn’t help but May be worth you trying it. ( Google for instructions on clearing cache).

I ended up with help from an IT tech. It was Ancestry fault not my IPad and after informing Ancestry of this and even though they never acknowledged it miraculously Ancestry was working again on my iPad and other devices!

Super Moderator

I clear history and cookies (that I don't want) every time I use the computer or every week, depending on when I remember. Cooking take up space and sometimes can make the computer run slower, so best get rid of them. It is annoying that if ever I go onto a site such as a garden centre, I get a load of cookies saved from other places related to that garden centre. One disadvantage is that if you do delete them all you will have to insert your password again for some sites. So I just keep my bank and a couple of stores I use, plus my virus software and Family History site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast