Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iPad help

Loves to help with queries

Thanks for tips....will try Google to clear cache....whatever that is!

Super Moderator

When you have Google on your screen look in the top right hand corner there are three dots. Click on those and you will then get a list: New Tab, New Window etc. Go down until you see history and click on that. You will then get another list but History should be at the top. If you open that then it will show all the sites you have visited on the internet. You can delete everything.

The cookies are a bit different. Again click on the three dots and go to Settings. On the left you will see Privacy and Security. Open this. Next look for Cookies and other site data. Open this.

Here you will see a screen that shows your settings for your Cookies. Come down the list until you get to "See all cookies and data", click on the little arrow on the right. Now here is your list of all the cookies stored on your machine. I keep those that I have to use a password for as if you delete them you have a put your password in next time you open that site (and I can never remember which password to use!) So all I have is my bank, my telephone account, gas account, supermarket account. etc. Of course all this info is for my PC. I am not sure it is the same for Apple, but sure it will be for Google. By the way you may also want to know that if you do not delete old emails that can also cause problems. If your inbox is "full" it will not accept any more emails.

Loves to help with queries

Thank you Sue. I use Safari on my iPad, tried clearing history but no joy. Does clearing history clear cookies? I’m really in the dark when I have setting problems....my iPad is 5 years old, could that be the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12