Thread: iPad help

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default iPad help

Iím having a problem with using my Ancestry UK account which Ancestry Help & live chat have told me isnít down to the Ancestry site.

So I have IPad,I phone & Apple Mac. I can view messages and search the records but l cannot post any messages or respond to any other members messages.

Also, the pages have changed format,they appear to big for the page and instantly shrink to fit but the text is tiny!

I have emptied the cache etc,there arenít any extensions on safari,I have tried accessing through Google Chrome & Mozilla,all of which Ancestry suggested.

It was working through Ancestry.com but now that has the same problem!

Any help or advice would be gratefully accepted!

Pam.

Hi Pam, I’ve just tried Anc UK on my iPad, and it is behaving normally. I didn’t try and post a message, but I could read them and the search pages without problems...
    Is there any chance that one of your settings has changed? I find that sometimes after they run an update...

I’ve had problems viewing the images using my ipad on Ancestry. Now use Edge for this, and the images are fine.
    Julie

Yes had that too for months.The problem I have now is very recent. This is only a problem with Ancestry and not anything else on any of my devices.Pam.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

The generic reply to a reported problem is.....'Clear Cache and cookies'from your device.

Sometimes works. Have you tried it.?

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Well that worked.
    Julie

Yes have cleared cache & cookies. Followed all instructions.Ancestry say itís not a website problem. When I try to post or respond to the messages it gives a message Ď we cannot direct you to the page at this timeí
    I think itís a setting problem on the iPad,itís updated,I
    also deleted some apps Iíd loaded recently in case it was a conflict but I canít solve the problem!