sandgrown

Default James Ormond burial in the Fylde

My four times great grandfather, JAMES ORMOND, was a tenant farmer on the Clifton Estate. He farmed Leach Lodge Farm on Leach Lane in West Lytham (aka St. Anne’s-in-the-Sea)in the first half of the 19th century. I shall call him JAMES ORMOND III. He and Betty Cookson were married on 5 July 1808 at St. Cuthbert’s. They were buried at St. Cuthbert’s on 6 February 1859 and 8 February 1873, respectively.
    JAMES ORMOND III was born on 7 January 1789 and he was baptized to JAMES ORMOND II and Alice at St. Cuthbert’s Lytham on 8 February 1789. JAMES ORMOND II and Alice Ball of Warton were married at St. Cuthbert’s on 4 September 1786. I have found no burial record for either JAMES ORMOND II or Alice Ormond.
    JAMES ORMOND (II?)was baptized at St. Michael’s Kirkham on 2 January 1763 to JAMES ORMOND I and Ellen of Ribby. I have found no record of the marriage of JAMES ORMOND I and Ellen. They were buried at St. Michael’s on 22 March 1781 and 11 December 1781, respectively.
    If only I could find the burial of JAMES ORMOND II and his age at the time of death, then I could confirm (or deny) that the JAMES ORMOND (II?)of Ribby is my five times great grandfather.

Famous for offering help & advice

Just seen that you have thier deaths!

Have you found James Ormond 111 on census? They are together in 1851

Archive reference HO107
    Piece number 2269
    Folio 383
    Page 28
    Record set 1851 England, Wales & Scotland Census

By 1861 Betty is a widow at Leech Lodge,Twiggs Hils.Putting James death between 1851-1861

Registration district Fylde
    Enumeration district 2
    Archive reference RG09
    Piece number 3147
    Folio 17
    Page 3

sandgrown

Thanks again Pamela. I'm closing this thread. QED