Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Yes, thats them

Thank you. I do know that the Howard family has more than one Sarah, Simeon and it does get confusing, but that does appear to be the chap who is in the will of Simeon Howard as Sarah's husband. But the will has William Gristwood in it too, but as a servant. A different William too maybe? I don't know. I have exhausted records on Ancestry and the Daniel and Elizabeth appear to be parents of another Sarah in the family...unless I am wrong with my Sarah? Is there a way of knowing the accurate age Sarah married William?

Famous for offering help & advice

Hello again.There are so many Howards and Gristwoods around in this part of the world so I understand how difficult it can be to sort them out!
    I notice that Simeon Howard was very wealthy - he owned a bank!His brother John was similarly wealthy. He also had a daughter Sarah but I think she can be found unmarried in a later census. Also Elizabeth abd Mary Ann Howard children of Daniel and Elisabeth are noted as landed proprietors in a census, so also wealthy.
    Looking at the various Gristwoods, including your Joseph, most seem to have manual occupations, so it is less likely that they would have married into the wealthy Howard family I think.
    The Sarah Gristwood death in 1843 may not be your Sarah but I think it could be worth checking even if only to eliminate her.

Growing old Disgracefully

Is this possible Simeon Howard was buried 20 May 1815 when was his will writen ?? as the will was in Probate Date 24/05/1815. 4 days after he was buried.

Marriage of Daughter Sarah Howard to John Wilson was 19 Dec 1789. (Will could have been writen after this date and her husband was John Wilson)

Have you found a marriage for a Sarah Wilson to William Gristwood

Default Thought it might help if u had these for ref:

Default And these will probs be helpful too:

Default And more with earlier family relationships:

So basically my family are:
    Great Grandparents: James Green married to Emma Goodman
    2nd Greats: Louisa Gristwood married to James Goodman, Emma's parents.
    3rd Greats: Elizabeth Gristwood married to Joseph Gristwood, Louisa's parents.
    4th Greats: William Gristwood married to Sarah Howard, Elizabeth's parents.
    (Poss)5th Greats: Simeon Howard married to Sarah Salter, Sarah's parents.

Its possible that I have made a mistake somewhere but I have researched with all of the info that has been available to me, but possibly you have more available to you? I had to upload the documents on different thread replies because the process of uploading via Google docs took longer than ur time out before having to log back in again when I tried to post them all on one thread, and it lost everything I had written! lol...As far as wealth is concerned, on James Green's side of the family, there is a mix of wealthy and manual workers and poor...but each generation married someone who they were related to in some way or other. James Greens line were centred around Moor Park and there was a brewery in the family, if research is correct, so that is possibly how the link is there with the Salter family too. Thank you for your help.

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Gilbertlouise View Post
    So basically my family are:
    Great Grandparents: James Green married to Emma Goodman
    2nd Greats: Louisa Gristwood married to James Goodman, Emma's parents.
    3rd Greats: Elizabeth Gristwood married to Joseph Gristwood, Louisa's parents.
    4th Greats: William Gristwood married to Sarah Howard, Elizabeth's parents.
    (Poss)5th Greats: Simeon Howard married to Sarah Salter, Sarah's parents.

Its possible that I have made a mistake somewhere but I have researched with all of the info that has been available to me, but possibly you have more available to you? I had to upload the documents on different thread replies because the process of uploading via Google docs took longer than ur time out before having to log back in again when I tried to post them all on one thread, and it lost everything I had written! lol...As far as wealth is concerned, on James Green's side of the family, there is a mix of wealthy and manual workers and poor...but each generation married someone who they were related to in some way or other. James Greens line were centred around Moor Park and there was a brewery in the family, if research is correct, so that is possibly how the link is there with the Salter family too. Thank you for your help.
    I don't think sarah Howard is the daughter of Simeon Howard

As I said in post 14 have you looked for a marriage for William Gristwood to Sarah Howard to John Wilson.

as there is a marriage for Sarah Howard to John Wilson with her father as Simeon Howard.

I did post the document i have for the marriage of William Gristwood to Sarah Howard, and did also post the baptism info for Sarah Howard which shows her father to be Simeon Howard, but no, I haven't actually got a document which links the three together...where might I find one?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast