Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A marriage cert does not guarantee father's name and occupation eg illegitimate, deceased.
    I've spotted the following

Sussex Agricultural Express, 28 Sep 1907
    DEATHS
    Beck, on 23rd September, at 15 Sheringham avenue, London, Edward, fourth son of the late John Beck, of Lewes, age 22.

Mid Sussex Times, 1 Jun 1907
    Marriage
    KENNY-BECK - 22nd ult, at Southover Church, Lewes, Arthur Kenny, of London, to Edith, youngest daughter of the late John Beck, of Lewes.

The 1891 Census shows an Edward as 4th son of John J and Eleanor Beck (unless onee has fled the nest) . On the 1901 Census Edith is the youngest daughter of John and Elenor Beck.

Cannot find a death for a John Beck, Lewes between 1901 and marriage notice above. The closest I can spot is
    John Joseph Beck, age 54, Sep Qtr 1906, Brighton, 2b 125 (John Joseph fits the 1891 "John J Beck"?) Yet to find him in 1911.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you all so, so much. Really appreciated your comments and advice and will check the GRO and solve this little conundrum.

Take care, stay safe eveyone. Dave

Post #3 identifies an Arthur Victor Beck, Dec Qtr 1892, Lewes

One of the military records is endorsed "Lewes, Sussex, 12.10.92" - a date which fits a Dec Qtr birth registration.

Posts #2/3 identify an Arthur Beck with his brother and sister in law in 1911.

Marriage -
    William Charles Beck, Sep Qtr 1906, Brighton, 2b 429 and Maizie May Lazenby
    Birth -
    William Charles Beck, Mar Qtr 1882, Lewes, 2b 191 - mother's maiden name Hawes

Famous for offering help & advice

Dave, I do think from the evidence given by all the other posters above, that the Arthur Victor b 1892 is yours. You should purchase his wedding cert as suggested.
    Also,if you put Arthur V Beck into the free bmd website search,ticking 'All' he is the only candidate,assuming the death in 1920 age 27 in Steyning Sussex is the same man.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

A quick note to thank you as I have resolved the issue I was working thru.

John J BECK did indeed die in 1906 in Brighton and Edward is the 4th son of JJ and Eleanor. They had another 3 boys after them.

And thanks for the mge detail for Edith who is indeed the 3rd and youngest girl. Dave

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Agreed Grisel. I have now resolved the issue and many thanks for your input.

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Dave
    Very glad you have sorted everything out. The folks on here are always happy to help.

From the outset Arthur Victor looked to be "your" Arthur - have seen trees posited on far, far less.
    Best of luck with the search.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12