Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Loves to help with queries

Default Time taken for a PDF certificate from GRO

Hello - apologies if this isn't the right spot!

I've ordered a PDF copy of a birth certificate from GRO to be emailed a couple of weeks ago - they said it would be dispatched via email on 28 April; and even allowing for the time/date difference, it's still not here, and is still saying in progress on the GRO site.

I did give them all the info that they needed (Volume and page etc); but still nothing.

Just wondering how long it normally takes to get a PDF email... I'm used to "pay and get" instant gratification from the Victorian BMD, so this having to be patient is quite torturous! Although probably not as torturous as the mail from the UK to Australia!

Jodi

Knowledgeable and helpful

Quote Originally Posted by biggirlsblouse View Post
    Hello - apologies if this isn't the right spot!

I've ordered a PDF copy of a birth certificate from GRO to be emailed a couple of weeks ago - they said it would be dispatched via email on 28 April; and even allowing for the time/date difference, it's still not here, and is still saying in progress on the GRO site.

I did give them all the info that they needed (Volume and page etc); but still nothing.

Just wondering how long it normally takes to get a PDF email... I'm used to "pay and get" instant gratification from the Victorian BMD, so this having to be patient is quite torturous! Although probably not as torturous as the mail from the UK to Australia!

Jodi
    The delay could be due to staffing levels because of the virus - I only have to wait a couple of days usually (pre-virus that is)
    If you think the mail from the UK is slow how do the Post Offices in both Australia and New Zealand account for mail from Melbourne to Paeroa (120kms from Auckland) take 10 - 12 days?

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

The GRO website clearly states
    Following the introduction of the latest measures to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we may not be able to complete orders within the published timescales.
    To help ensure that our services are accessible to those that need them most throughout this period, if you are able to do so we would ask that you delay making your order until a later date.
    We don't know what the current staffing levels are compared to 'normal', and if a reduced staff level is hit by half of them going sick, then there is going to be a backlog of certificates waiting to be sent out.

All you can do is be patient.

Pam
    who started typing two seconds before David posted his reply.
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Quote Originally Posted by David Tuson View Post
    The delay could be due to staffing levels because of the virus - I only have to wait a couple of days usually (pre-virus that is)
    If you think the mail from the UK is slow how do the Post Offices in both Australia and New Zealand account for mail from Melbourne to Paeroa (120kms from Auckland) take 10 - 12 days?
    I suppose I had to wait TWO WHOLE days for an express post letter to make it about two kilometres...

And I do believe the UK is a bit more virus-y than we are, too. I shall just have to be Little Miss Patient.

Jodi

Starting to feel at home

PDFs seem to be taking about a month at the moment.

Knowledgeable and helpful

I ordered four pdf birth certs on 19th March and they arrived on 21st April.

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by elsinore View Post
    I ordered four pdf birth certs on 19th March and they arrived on 21st April.

Peter
    Thanks everyone! I shall just have to be patient

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

When I've ordered a PDF, I've logged into the GRO website to download my PDF using the estimated time frame for delivery.

Not sure if that's the case now.?.....but possibly worth a try. You will need your COL number and details from your email notification from your purchase invoice.

Steve.
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Please let everyone know if the instructions in #8 work.

Knowledgeable and helpful stepives's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lesley Robertson View Post
    Please let everyone know if the instructions in #8 work.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...images/CG5.pdf
    Too many bones, too much sorrow, but until I am dead, there's always tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast